News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gold Automatic Electric 80E & 182 Starlite

Started by HarrySmith, January 02, 2011, 07:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

OK Guys; As I stated the other day, I need to thin my collection. This Gold AE 80E is now up for grabs. See pictures below in my earlier post, if you want more just ask. I have no idea as to the actual value as this is the only one I have seen so I will take offers starting at what I have in to it which is $75.00. It is fully functional and looks great. There are some surface scratches that will probably polish out if you wish but I did not attempt it as I have no idea of the plating process and did not want to chance damaging it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Just an update, both the Gold 80E and the Gold 182 Starlite live with me now in Vancouver. They started out somewhere in the mid west, then both moved to Harry's place in Florida. He promptly sent the Starlite Packing for Vancouver but supplied room and board for the 80E until it too eventually left Florida for the cold and rain of Vancouver.

Terry

JorgeAmely

Quote from: AE_collector on April 01, 2012, 12:52:30 PM
Just an update, both the Gold 80E and the Gold 182 Starlite live with me now in Vancouver. They started out somewhere in the mid west, then both moved to Harry's place in Florida. He promptly sent the Starlite Packing for Vancouver but supplied room and board for the 80E until it too eventually left Florida for the cold and rain of Vancouver.

Terry

Terry my friend,

those phones really belong in Southern CA. Weather in Canada is too cold and could cause cracking or splitting of the delicate housing and/or finish.
Jorge

AE_Collector

Yes I have been worrying about that Jorge. Vancouver would be much more hospitible to storing and displaying expertly restored gray AE 80's

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: JorgeAmely on April 01, 2012, 01:21:49 PM
those phones really belong in Southern CA. Weather in Canada is too cold and could cause cracking or splitting of the delicate housing and/or finish.
But offsetting the cold, is the effect of California UV rays and heat on the plastic! ::)
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

JorgeAmely

That's a good argument.  :D :D :D But, aren't the ozone holes closer to the poles that to the equator? Didn't have to use the AC last year.
Jorge

AE_Collector

Yeah, I didn't have to turn on the AC last year either!

Terry