News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Two Cool Radios

Started by Doug Rose, October 12, 2014, 12:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I just got finished yard work and Janet came home from shopping with two radios she picked up at a yard sale.  Whadaya think? An Emerson and a Phico....$30 for Both!!...Doug
Kidphone

WesternElectricBen

Very cool looking.. Are they working?

Ben

AE40FAN

Awesome radios!  They appear to be in great shape :D

Doug Rose

I never got a chance to play with the newly found radios. I watched the Patriots and then we had a wedding at 5PM. Stock market was open so no holiday today for me. I will work on them next weekend and have more info for you.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

The Emerson Radio works!! I just plugged it in, lights came on and after the tubes warmed worked perfectly. Dial spins as it should and stations came in AM clear with no static or hum. A light coat of Howards wax and it looks marvelous.

The Philco is heavy!! I looked in the back and did not dare try. It cleaned up really nice with a few places the veneer is lifted or missing.

Kidphone

Bill

The Philco 37 is a nice radio, collectible, and reasonably valuable. I don't recognize the Emerson (perhaps you could provide a model number?), but look around on it. If you find a small metal tag that says "Ingraham", the value just doubled.

Bill

Doug Rose

Bill...I cannot find a model number anywhere on the Emerson. Thanks for the info on the Philco. They are  on eBay this week...Doug.
Kidphone

Doug Rose

In case anyone is interested the Philco is back on eBay this week. The buyer was from Spain and shipping was going to be over $80. He was very nice and I cancelled the auction. No international shipping on this auction, its just too heavy...Doug

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291280076463
Kidphone

Fabius

Doug, this is a model 37-60 or one of the variants. The 37 is the model year.

http://www.tuberadioland.com/philco37-60_main.html
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Doug Rose

thanks Tom...I added the info to my auction...Doug
Kidphone