News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Project. Matching Moss Green 500's. Dial & Manual.

Started by HarrySmith, March 01, 2015, 09:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Newest project. Just took them apart and cleaned the plastics. More to come.......
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Sounds interesting...

Any project involving 500s sounds good to me...

Unless it involves a lamp or that hideous thing they call "art"... :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Dan/Panther

MOSS GREEN, Why ?  LOL :o Just kidding. ;D Keep the pictures coming.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

andre_janew

Sounds like someone is getting ready for St Patrick's Day!

Greg G.

Quote from: Dan/Panther on March 02, 2015, 12:08:55 PM
MOSS GREEN, Why ?  LOL :o Just kidding. ;D Keep the pictures coming.
D/P

I asked Anita if I could put a phone on each of our nightstands in the bedroom.  She didn't really want them, so she said I could only if it matched the sheets (close to moss green).  She almost fainted when I produced two moss green 500s.  So that's the "Why" part!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

HarrySmith

Making progress! Everything cleaned & polished, ready for re-assembly. Probably get them together tomorrow.

One thing I found while doing this. I had all the plastics in a pile and while separating them I had 2 identical finger hold covers. On closer examination I found numbers on the back. 1 & 8. The phones are 1961 & 1968. Seems they are marked with the last digit of the year! Pictures attached.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

OK, finally had time to get these back together. Came out very nice! A couple more pictures below. Did not have any sun left for outdoor pictures but I will get some as soon as I can.

BTW the dial one is completely date matching! Birthday phone for anyone from 10/61. 10/20/1961 to be exact!
Base is hard to see but looks like 10-61. 7C51 dial 10-61. Ringer IV-61. Network 10-61. Case 61. handset 61. Caps 10-61 & 5C61. Cords both dated 61. Both elements 10-20-61.

Manual not matching but close, may be as used. Base 12-67. Housing 68. Network 12-67.Handset 68. Caps 5-68. Elements T14-5-68, U1 4-19-66. Ringer III-66. Handset cord 68. Line cord 70.

Will  take offers on one or both for a week or so before putting on eBay.

MODERATOR: Please move to for sale topic. Thanks.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"