News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How many color phones does one really need? 302-16

Started by unbeldi, March 13, 2015, 01:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unbeldi

Just ran across a picture that I took about a year ago while apparently in a pink mood.   sorry Old Rose.

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

unbeldi

Quote from: Phonesrfun on March 13, 2015, 05:32:24 PM
Need or want?  Two different answers.

Hmmm, there clearly is a discrepancy between those two.

unbeldi

Quote from: baldopeacock on March 13, 2015, 11:13:24 PM
One from each year of production?
Hmm, you think one must have eight? 41, 42, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54 ?  and then of course the years for 304, 305, ...

oh well...  this is 52, 54, 50, and 50.

Koyaanisqatsi !
(Hopi: life out of balance)

Doug Rose

Here's my two cents, how many different colors of the same phone do you need? Makes for a tough display when you line them all up next to each other and you are asked "why do you have 10 of the same phone." When you point out the subtle difference they have have lost interest.

That is when I got into selling phones, to get a phone I did not have from selling duplicates I did have. If its rare, I keep a dial and a manual and the rest go to another collection. I feel is is wrong to keep a great phone in a box and stored for future, let someone else display it and get one you want to display. Just my humble opinion....Doug
Kidphone

Dave F

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 14, 2015, 09:30:10 AM
<snip> I feel is is wrong to keep a great phone in a box and stored for future, let someone else display it and get one you want to display. Just my humble opinion....Doug

I don't know about that, Doug.  My entire collection is packed up in boxes -- not a single item on display.  Someday, if I ever have a good place to display (some of) them, it will be a joy to open the boxes and let them see the light of day.  In the meantime, it's comforting just to know that I have them waiting patiently for that glorious day to arrive.

DF

paul-f

Dave,

You have quite a few phones I'd gladly offer to put on display here while you're waiting for your future display space.  Wouldn't it be even more comforting to know they're being appreciated?   ;D
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line