News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NOS 500 for $45 from eBay!

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, November 25, 2014, 10:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

Yesterday I won a brand-new (still in the box) 500 for $45, complete with the original straight handset cord! Most "new" 500s from the '50s out there have a 1960s box with it, probably because it was replaced with a '60s phone and the old phone was put in the replacement box for storage. This one appears to have the earlier box style, without the flowery lettering and color sketches on it.

It hasn't arrived yet (probably will arrive by Friday or Saturday) but the possibility of it being brand new is a very real possibility!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231394725926
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Slal

Congrads!  November seems to be a good month for many of us here.  Nice phone collecting treat for Thanksgiving holidays or early X-mas.  ; )

I also learned a little nugget of info. about the boxes.  Devil in the details as they say.

Best

--Bruce 

WesternElectricBen

That will be a nice showpiece in your collection and you don't even have to restore it.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

The phone arrived today, and there isn't a single date outside of December 1952 on it! The phone has undoubtedly never been used in normal service before, there is no dust or dirt on the entire phone, and the box is complete with the ringer control instructions inside! Other than some goo marks on the housing from the handset cord sitting next to it (these marks rubbed off with my finger), the phone is flawless! It was well worth the price!
Christian Petterson

Kenton K

Mr. Bones

Very nice find, Christian!

I just love the black sets, especially with the metal fingerwheels, and an NOS '52 is hard to compare to. Enjoy your newest treasure!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Phonesrfun

A very lucky purchase!  Well done.
-Bill G

Greg G.

Best part of all there's no sanding needed!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Steve

That G1 handset shines like none I've seen before. nice score.
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

AE40FAN

It's beautiful!  Nice score.   Should definitely be a center display piece.

WEBellSystemChristian

Thanks for the replies, guys!

Here is a picture of the instruction card if anyone is interested.
Christian Petterson

Bartonpipes

Nice find!

Would you have any way of scanning that instruction card and posting it along with the original dimensions? I would like to print a copy out just to go along with my collection.

-Andrew
-Andrew

unbeldi

perhaps this comes close.

WEBellSystemChristian

I will probably get some high-quality scans up tonight.

BTW, nice new profile picture, Bartonpipes!
Christian Petterson

unbeldi

BTW, here is a picture (poor) of another version of this card. The typewriter used seems to have been the same one, but the card identification is different.