"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is this "oldie" still a "goodie"?

Started by Dewdrop, October 18, 2009, 05:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Debbie:

Darn, that spoils all the fun of helping someone out.  These things are supposed to take days of back-and-forth posts.  :D

Maybe you'll have worse luck with the Stromberg Carlson.  :P

If you need a contact for the transmitter, maybe someone here has a junker F handset they can rob one out of.  I checked mine and I don't have a junker.  If nobody here has a spare, I am sure we can locate one for you.  There are people like Steve Hilsz that is on another forum that has lots of parts, and there are others too.  That kind of part you should be able to get just for the asking.

-Bill
-Bill G

Dewdrop

Bill:

The contact part looks like something I could handle if I had the part. It was exciting today to get the 302 working with help from everyone. Do you call it a 302 even if it is stamped 304 on the bottom. Really need to get the book on vintage phones to learn what all the parts are called and what the different phone models are called. I feel like I have gained some knowledge of vintage phones from reading this forum. I don't want to become a nuisance with too many questions. I use the search option to find somethings out.
Debbie
Debbie

Dewdrop

Forgot to mention about the 302 phone. I got off eBay for under $18 and $11 for shipping.
Debbie
Debbie

LarryInMichigan

Debbie,

It sounds like you got a great deal.  I paid about $25 +sh for mine a few months ago, and yours is about a year older.

Larry

Dewdrop

Larry:

I guess I was pretty lucky since the seller didn't know if the phone worked or not. Is there a term for that like "bidding blindly". Also had no clue to what dates if any were on the phone. I did give the seller info on how to ship the phone according to what I read on this forum and she shipped that way. Pretty cool on the outcome.
Debbie
Debbie

Phonesrfun

Debbie:

The more generic term actually is a 302.  The difference between a 302 and a 304 is very subtle, indeed, and I don't need to go into that, at the risk of putting everyone to sleep.  So, calling it a 302 is just fine.

I may still have a junker F1 handset in another box out in the garage.  I can look tomorrow after work.  Replacing the contact is as easy as it was for you to hook up the phone to the surface mount jack.  Actually easier, since it only involves the one screw, so I am sure you can handle it.

Great price, by the way.
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

Debbie:

I found a transmitter contact from an F handset in a box.

If you want, send me an e-mail or send me a private message with your address and I will send it to you.

-Bill
-Bill G

Dan/Panther

Debbie;
Welcome to our word.
You can find the following adapter at the following site.
Your Avatar photo looks like a phone I sold ?
D/P
http://www.phonecoinc.com/category.asp?rpage=search&category=Acc#01022

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

BTW, the 302 is my favorite W.E. phone. I've just sent the final payment for my Peking Red 302, should get it in a week or so.
D/P
Here's a photo of it.

Dewdrop

D/P

My 302 came from California. Your Peking Red 302 looks MARVELOUS!

Debbie
Debbie

Dan/Panther

Debbie;
I'm in California, who did you get it from, it sure looks like my photo.
D/P

Dewdrop

D/P

The photos I posted of my 302 were taken by my husband and I on our patio table. He took the first one and I took the rest. I cropped out the Old Smokey that was in the background and a golf ball that was on the patio table.

Have you sold a 302 on eBay that was positioned the same way as our photos?

Debbie
Debbie

Dan/Panther

Debbie;
I'm talking about the Orange phone.
D/P

Dewdrop

D/P

OH that phone. It was from a website about phones, NOT eBay. I'll have to see if I bookmarked the site.

Wish I had one like that. I do have a push button orange (highway orange).

Debbie
Debbie