News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy Canada Day!

Started by Dennis Markham, July 01, 2015, 11:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Happy Canada Day to all of our Canadian members and friends!  Hopefully you will all have a safe, relaxing time. 

Here in the Detroit area, because of the close proximity to Windsor, Ontario the area celebrates each year what they used to call the Freedom Festival (I think they have a new name now).  There are fireworks on the Detroit river, (that separates Canada and the U.S.) to celebrate Canada Day and the 4th of July.  That celebration is usually held toward the end of June.  Last week we spent the night on the Canadian side enjoying the celebration and fireworks.

Enjoy your day of celebrating your great Country and freedoms!

~Dennis

DNO

Thank you, sir.   Very gracious of you.

...and Happy 4th of July right back at you!
David

WEBellSystemChristian

Happy Canada Day!!!

I really am surprised how many Canadian members we have! I think we almost have more Canadians here than Americans!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

DavePEI

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on July 01, 2015, 10:27:55 PM
Happy Canada Day!!!

I really am surprised how many Canadian members we have! I think we almost have more Canadians here than Americans!
Yes, there are a few of us, Eh?

Happy Indepedance day to all the Americans, too!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

19and41

Happy Canada day!  One couldn't ask for better neighbors..  Or neighbours.   :)
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Mr. Bones

Happy (belated) Canada Day to all my friends in the Great White North!

Many apologies for being so late; it's been quite the week...

Best regards, eh! ;)
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

AE_Collector

A real Belated "Happy Canada Day" from me. I think I was in the US overseeing the reroofing of our cabin in WA state.

Our two countries DO seem to get along fairly well together!

Thanks everyone,
Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, compared to my last post here in late November (almost 5 months late) this is a BiG improvement....only 2...2.5 days late this year.

Canada day is Friday July 1 and with July 4 being a Monday that pretty much makes this a 4 day weekend at our cabin at Point Roberts WA which is a border town in Washington State filled with Canadian vacation places.

Point Roberts is an interesting place. It is only about 5 square miles in size, surrounded by the Pacific Ocean on the west, east and south sides and attached to Canada on the north sidexat the 49th parallel. There are about 2000 per ant residents here which means they are ZuS citizens, or are married to one or hold green cards etc. They have to drive 23 mikes each way through Canada to get to the mainland USA. The elementary school here goes to grade three and then the students are on the school bus to Blaine Washington. That is the 23 mile drive each way and involves 4 border crossings per round trip. Map of Greater Vancouver Canada showing Point Roberts WA at the bottom of the pictures.

I was watching TV today and one of the business commentators had some more "Brexit" thoughts and then went to Canada and Canadian "Inventions" in honour of the Canada Day weekend. I just grabbed two screen shots of his lists, the first being the top (in his mind) and I think the second list was somewhere closer to the bottom of the list. This is tongue in cheek but at least it started with the Telephone and AG Bell. Of course us Canadians skip any discussion of other than AG Bell being the inventor of the telephone and we usually mention under our breath that he was actually born in Scotland and actually invented the phone in the US but we still claim him as our own...naturally.

No laughing at my TV, this IS the cabin after all and I, like most of you I might add, can't throw anything away that still works.

Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, here we go again! This year I nailed it....JULY 1. And not just any July 1, Canada Day (or how many of you still remember it as Dominion Day?)....this time it is CANADA 150!

150 years of "Being Canada"

Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadians and Happy Canada Day to everyone else on the forum no matter where you may be from EVERYONE in Canada!

A bit early here for a Molson Canadian but later for sure.

Terry

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Dennis Markham

Happy Canada Day to all of our Canadian friends.  Have a fun, safe, holiday!