Ritchie's Mahogany AE 34
7 (100%)
Kenny C's Light Gray '59 500
0 (0%)
AE_Collector's Turquoise AE 880 Speaker Phone
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Dennis Markham

Let the Nominations begin for this month's Find of the Month.

AE_Collector

Okay, lets get this month underway...

Ritchie's (it's really mine but I'm letting him display it until I can narrow down exactly where he lives) Mahogany or (Walnut?) AE34 for $100!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3723.0

Terry

Dennis Markham

Quote from: ae_collector on November 16, 2010, 01:07:57 PM
Okay, lets get this month underway...

Ritchie's (it's really mine but I'm letting him display it until I can narrow down exactly where he lives) Mahogany or (Walnut?) AE34 for $100!

Thanks for that laugh, Terry. I second that emotion.

Kenny C

I am nominating my 1959 soft plastic 500 set I got with for a trade. The phone I traded Originally costed me 15.00
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Adam

Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

AE_Collector

Is the "Find of the Month" going to "Crash and Burn"? Not many nominations for November and December hasn't started up yet.

Now that November has ended there must be a couple more nominations out there so we can see if this will fly or not??

Terry

HarrySmith

Thinking back and looking back it appears not a lot of great phone finds last month or so far this month. Must be the holidays ;D

For November I have to go with the Mahogany AE :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dennis Markham

Ok.  I have added the "Poll" to this post.  There are only two nominations.  If there is another find that hasn't been nominated, let me know and I'll add it to the Poll.  This poll will run for 7 days and then the winner will be declared.

AE_Collector

I'll throw my Turquoise 880 speakerphone into the fray just to get the number of "finds" up a bit.

After looking for one in Turquoise for years now I found this one hiding under Beige paint but unfortuanetly I don't have any before pictures.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3835.0

Terry

Phoniac

AE, these are great phones, Dynamite proof in fact. I have two myself one in black touch tone and a white dial. Used them both in the office years ago on the same desk.

AE_Collector

Quote from: Phoniac on January 18, 2011, 06:35:39 PM
AE, these are great phones, Dynamite proof in fact. I have two myself one in black touch tone and a white dial. Used them both in the office years ago on the same desk.

How "white" is your white AE880, Phoniac? For the longest time I  thought they only made an Ivory (not white) AE 880 but then I realized I had it backwards. They didn't make an ivory 880 and the three or so Ivory ones I have were originally white.

AE made them in Gardenia White, Sand Beige, Ebony Black, Dawn Gray, Turquoise and Jade Green. They DIDN'T make them in Classic Ivory, Sunlight Yellow, Camelia Pink, Forget Me Not Blue or Garnet Red.

AE NOT making a Classic Ivory or a Garnet Red version surprises me the most.

Terry

Phoniac

AE, It's as WHITE as you can get. But if I remember correctly it was painted over with ivory or the paint got age darkened. But definitely WHITE underneath.

Dennis Markham

It's Ritchie's Mahogany AE34 by a landslide.  Congratulations Ritchie for the best find of the month for the November 2010!

Only 7 votes from the group?  There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest in the Find of the Month category.  We'll keep it going and see if interest picks up in the future.  At the end of 2011 all 12 winners of Find of the Month will compete for Find of the Year honors.

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dennis Markham on January 30, 2011, 12:24:46 PM
by a landslide. 

Well, what's the opposite of a "landslide". In any event, congrat's Ritchie!

Everyone needs to remember to vote. I think part of the problem is that most people visit the thread while updates are being posted but all of the candidates aren't yet in for the month. Maybe we need to get all the candidates in and then a couple more posts to the thread once its time for everyone to go in and place their votes.

Terry