News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mystery Phone: Of extraterrestrial origin?

Started by Mark Stevens, September 26, 2008, 05:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Stevens

Have y'all ever seen one of these?!  I suspect that it's not of this earth. 

BDM

Well, probably an AE export set, so to say. Built for the the markets south of the border. Of course it's an obvious key set.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Mark Stevens

Quote from: BDM on September 26, 2008, 05:32:50 PM
Well, probably an AE export set, so to say. Built for the the markets south of the border. Of course it's an obvious key set.

Now dang it Brian, I came up with that great extraterrestrial theory, and you just shoot it full of holes!  That's wrong;D

McHeath

No no no!  This is not some modified AE set for our South of the Border friends.  It's clearly a rare Electrocordial Snoozeaphone from an alternate dimension of reality, probably fell into a particle wave rift or maybe a cosmic anomaly like a string fragment passing through a nuclear reaction.  (sorta like what happened in the 60's with that Batman TV show)  For the love of Pete no matter what you do don't hook this phone up, as the anti-matter charged capacitor will, upon contact with our positive matter universe power source, result a singularity event that may just consume the entire presidential election process.

On second thought better plug that baby in.

BDM

Ahh, but what's even better................When I first saw the post, I had just come in from working outside the better part of the morning & afternoon. So, I was a bit tired, sat down and punched the computer on. For some forsaking reason, I completely missed the extraterrestrial heading....Now that's serious drugs!!! :o
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Mark Stevens

Quote from: McHeath on September 26, 2008, 07:19:29 PM
No no no!  This is not some modified AE set for our South of the Border friends.  It's clearly a rare Electrocordial Snoozeaphone from an alternate dimension of reality, probably fell into a particle wave rift or maybe a cosmic anomaly like a string fragment passing through a nuclear reaction.  (sorta like what happened in the 60's with that Batman TV show)  For the love of Pete no matter what you do don't hook this phone up, as the anti-matter charged capacitor will, upon contact with our positive matter universe power source, result a singularity event that may just consume the entire presidential election process.

On second thought better plug that baby in.

Wow Heath, you can spin a yarn better than me!  Actually, the owner contacted me about restoring function to the phone, but since I haven't a clue as to what I might find inside I'm going to pass.  If it was local I'd take a look at it, but it's probably 1500 miles away.  :-\

bingster

That's a heck of a telephone, though.  I wonder what the thing to the left of the dial is.  Any ideas?
= DARRIN =

BDM

Quote from: bingster on September 26, 2008, 11:39:38 PM
That's a heck of a telephone, though.  I wonder what the thing to the left of the dial is.  Any ideas?

Lamp of some sort?
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dan/Panther

Mark;
I agree, it has, "Danger Will Robinson" written all over it.

My guess is it's either from or built for, maybe Argentina, or possibly for  Spain.
I would guess the SA,  might stand for South America.
JMHO
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Mark Stevens

Quote from: bingster on September 26, 2008, 11:39:38 PM

Possibly one of those retina-scanning security things, restricting use to authorized personnel only.  ;)

Bill

As near as I can tell, Anvers is the French name for Antwerp (the city in Belgium), and Rue du Verger is a street name in the city. The "SA" does not mean South America - it is somehow like the abbreviation "Inc" on the name of a company. So we have a phone built by Automatic Electric Inc, Rue du Verger, Antwerp, Belgium. The Belgians, by the way speak French in addition to Belch.

Bill

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Bill on September 27, 2008, 12:51:57 PM
As near as I can tell, Anvers is the French name for Antwerp (the city in Belgium), and Rue du Verger is a street name in the city. The "SA" does not mean South America - it is somehow like the abbreviation "Inc" on the name of a company. So we have a phone built by Automatic Electric Inc, Rue du Verger, Antwerp, Belgium. The Belgians, by the way speak French in addition to Belch.

Bill

Way to go Bill... thanks for the education!  ;)

Dan/Panther

Well it looks like Bill Cahill was closewr than I was he said germany.
I hate it when he's right.
Thanks Bill for the final disposition of the origin.
D/P

Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Dan/Panther

Actually I did more research, and found out it was the first runner up, in a design contest for the head of Robby The Robot in "Forbidden Planet"

D/P