News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE F1 Clear handset.

Started by ....., July 18, 2018, 10:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I picked this clear F1 handset up today from older collector who is down sizing. He has mostly payphone items, but this was in with some handsets.

I did notice that there is no opening running through the handset for wires. This must be a sample because it can not be used.

Jim S. do you have any ideas on this handset?   

Jim Stettler

I think it is a sample and most likely "sample" plastic.
It Is cool .
PM sent.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

To follow up regarding "sample". It was "removed/pulled/snuck/ from the line before all operations were complete . I have some swirl  handset examples of "snuck"
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Quote from: Jim S. on July 18, 2018, 10:49:00 PM
To follow up regarding "sample". It was "removed/pulled/snuck/ from the line before all operations were complete . I have some swirl  handset examples of "snuck"

Me too!  LOL

jsowers

I guess you've seen this auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113132140654
Jonathan

Quote from: jsowers on July 19, 2018, 12:06:56 AM
I guess you've seen this auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113132140654

No I haven't. Thanks,   Now, Humm should I? After the exchange and import charges, I think not.

I wonder if they are reproductions?

kleenax

Quote from: Duffy on July 18, 2018, 10:21:56 PM
I picked this clear F1 handset up today from older collector who is down sizing. He has mostly payphone items, but this was in with some handsets.

I did notice that there is no opening running through the handset for wires. This must be a sample because it can not be used.

Jim S. do you have any ideas on this handset?   
I cast this handset, and yes, it is a "sample" hence the reason for having NO conductors running through from one end to the other. Who did you get it from?  I infrequently give away mistakes and pieces like this when I have visitors to my workshop.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Quote from: kleenax on July 19, 2018, 09:44:35 AM
I cast this handset, and yes, it is a "sample" hence the reason for having NO conductors running through from one end to the other. Who did you get it from?  I infrequently give away mistakes and pieces like this when I have visitors to my workshop.

Did you cast yours with the WE Logo as well?

kleenax

Quote from: Duffy on July 19, 2018, 09:48:54 AM

Did you cast yours with the WE Logo as well?

Whatever is on the original/master that I make the tooling from is shown in the casting. Even fingerprints will show up on the casting if you are not careful to clean the master perfectly before pouring a mold.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Quote from: kleenax on July 20, 2018, 03:51:29 PM
Whatever is on the original/master that I make the tooling from is shown in the casting. Even fingerprints will show up on the casting if you are not careful to clean the master perfectly before pouring a mold.

That is so cool. It doesn't matter to me who made it. It looks good in my collection. I'm glad to have it. It has a few miles on it, traveling from collector to collector. It has a home here. I'm sure in time these will become very collectable as well, if they aren't already.

Thanks for all your information Ray.

Doug