News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mounting a Payphone- Please Help

Started by WesternElectricBen, December 15, 2013, 01:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesternElectricBen

Alright, I'm all set with the screws, long enough to poke out out siding. (Not really)

But they should do they trick. Now to wait till next weekend when my dad will help me.

Ben

WesternElectricBen

Alright! My dad and I got the back board mounted, which wasn't as much of a pain as I would think. We have 4 screws put in and it is quite sturdy.

Only one casuialty so far, the cord was suppose to be diverted through the wood backboard, but we tightned it down before thinking about that. But that is alright because I can run the line cord out of the bell box.

Our tools are pretty crappy and old drill, no stud finder, but we have somehow gotten by. Though I must add, my hands do hurt from manualy driving that screw into the stud.

Ben

WesternElectricBen

It is not as crooked as in the picture though it is crooked, my dad is not one who cares about things being level. (in my prodjects that is)

Ben

WesternElectricBen

Well, I got it all up their myself, like I said, they only thing that isn't perfect is the cord does come out of the bell box, but I don't really mind. Now to use it!!

Ben

Contempra

nice and cool payphone you have Ben and it fits in your berdroom If i'm not wrong :D..anyway it's a nice " toy " for you i'm sure :D

WesternElectricBen

Thanks man! Yeah, it is in my bedroom. When it is all done and said I will have no blank walls..

What I mean, is there will of course be gaps but a picture etc. on a wall. Pictures would take a while... You can just trust me.

Ben

Dennis Markham

Nice job Ben, looks great!  I will be following your tips soon as I have one I want to hang.  It will be a first for me.

Contempra

hahaha okay Ben I saw your walls and yes now wall is blank

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

WesternElectricBen

Thanks Dennis and Phonesrfun!

All the knollage of mounting this comes from Bill, so I'd consult him.

Now, what is next to hang, wood wall phone?

Ben

Phonesrfun

Here are some views of my office in the basement with wood wall phones and pay phone.  I need to go back and re-hang the colored wall phones.  They are just too uneven.

-Bill G

WesternElectricBen

I really like your office, with the payphone, wood phone, and those colored wall phones. I plan on finishing off some wood and hanging it over my dresser to hang the rest of my wall phones.

Seems like it would be pretty cozy in their with some think carpet and paneling.

If I showed my room (messy at the moment) It would be like a comparison because I have a lot of things like you have. Ex phone poster, lamp, payphone, etc. etc.

Ben

WesternElectricBen

Thank you Gregg, I really appreciate it! I'm really enjoying using it, even my dad had to re learn how to rotary dial, because he just had to try it.

Ben

Dennis Markham

I've been working on my office for months now.  One of the 1st things I did was convert a book shelf (that was in the home when I bought it) to a display case for my Western Electric 554's.  These are all soft plastic models in all the colors except Oxford Gray (which I don't have) and Rose Pink.  I have a Pink one but it's NOS, still in the box and I'm afraid to hang it or it won't be NOS any more. :)  The phone in the lower corner is a Kellogg (Turquoise).  If I ever get Oxford Gray the Kellogg will go back to the box...or I re-size everything and try again.

Sorry to drag this even more off topic, Ben.

WesternElectricBen

No Dennis, I really like your display. I am envious of your wall phones.

Does that book shelf have door glasses?

Ben