News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

2CV in Ephraim, Wisconsin

Started by TelePlay, October 25, 2016, 09:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

A pair of round things appealing to males? Hmm, I've heard of that before somewhere..........  ;D

But yes, round headlights (in the right setting) are more appealing than square... :)

TelePlay

A year later and it's still there. Where it was parked, on a very busy corner where any and every tourist would see it, it is nothing more than a rolling billboard parked. Nice looking car and probably the most unique car seen daily in the area (the other "collectibles" are stored in private garages and only come out once or twice a year. Not this one. And in really good condition.

twocvbloke

Still looking like it's well looked after, roof is looking like it needs a little treatment, but overall nice and shiny... :)

WEBellSystemChristian

It definitely looks like it's still being worked on--it looks they added headlight visors in the past year.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

twocvbloke

A common accessory, often fitted by lady owners, not trying to generalise, but, it is considered "cute" by women, and not so much by us men...  ;D

TelePlay

Didn't notice that. Nice catch. I've seen pretty colored Beetles with eyelashes on those headlight "visors" which are cute but definitely not a car driven by a man. The 2cv being an advertising eye catcher most likely won't sport eyelashes in the future. The owner is a real estate broker that deals with multi-million dollar lake and bay frontage lots and homes so I'm sure they are keeping it upper class.

19and41

There was another Film 2CV I remember...

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_2991-Citroen-2CV-AZA-1967.html
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke

There was a 2CV in another US-based comedy film, can't recall which, but there was a character who drove into scene in a varied selection of cars including a black & burgundy 2CV Charleston, just wish I could recall the title of the film......