News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

1A system with 400/500 series phones

Started by Weco355aman, December 10, 2016, 03:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weco355aman

Photo's of a 1A key system and  400-500 series key phones.
Installing a 1957 1a Key system. More photos to follow after it is wired.
The KTU units were NOS in damp cardboard boxes, it is amassing to have both relay plates NOS from the same year, they came from 2 different people and show's about 5 years apart. The Box came from a 3rd person about 5 years ago. 
Phil

AE_Collector

That brings back both memories and tears. I had one of those cabinets equipped for two or three lines as well as the dial intercom. Took it out of an old building in the late 70's when working in the PBX department. I didn't really grab it because it was old but more because it was junk at the time and I tried to limit what I hauled home from the Telco to stuff that had no value to them just in case I ever managed to get myself into trouble with them over my collecting. I had it hooked up at home but only used the dial intercom with single line phones.

Then eventually I got a newer intercom unit and junked the old KSU. I had started collecting phones at the time but was still really just interested in the phones not equipment and never for a moment thought of keeping the KSU until more recent years.

Terry

Babybearjs

my system is the 1A1. but all the phones you show, I also have. the 444, 445, and the 544... let us not forget the 564.... I love them all nice pics! some of your phones need finger wheels though.....
John