News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric B-1

Started by pbghmike77, November 19, 2011, 04:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pbghmike77

Picked this up off of craigslist this week. Although not a collector, just a picker, I love finding anything stamped WE... I was watching an auction end today for a 149B celluloid dial plate and surprisingly it ended at $177.50. I figured the B1 I bought was worth around $100 being the base leather is in bad condition. To clean it up in preparation for ebay I noticed it has a 149B dial plate as well. In my readings here I notice that the 4H dial seems to be popular as well and it also has one of those that operates very smoothly and is very "clicky". I figured I would post it here and see if anyone was interested in it. Is anyone aware of members that live near Atlanta, GA area? Thanks again.

Sargeguy

I think that celluloid dial plates usually sell for around $25-30 in near mint condition, with a little yellowing.  Nice phone, these usually go for around $150-175 in similar condition.  The base is not that bad, it is typical for them to have those sticker marks on the bottom from the cork feet that were intended to prevent sliding off the table.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

pbghmike77

Quote from: Sargeguy on November 28, 2011, 07:43:28 PM
I think that celluloid dial plates usually sell for around $25-30 in near mint condition, with a little yellowing.  Nice phone, these usually go for around $150-175 in similar condition.  The base is not that bad, it is typical for them to have those sticker marks on the bottom from the cork feet that were intended to prevent sliding off the table.

What do you think caused the price of $177 on just the plate on ebay? It was in very good condition as well, but I dont see much different in it that the one on this phone. Thanks for your reply.

Sargeguy

I chalk it up to eBay craziness.  Two people really wanted it.  I would only pay that much if the B-1/E-1 with #2 dial was attached
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409