News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Good point!

Started by Greg G., February 26, 2014, 01:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Intended for auto mechanics, but could apply to phone collectors too.  I keep everything now! 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

WesternElectricBen

Oh, of course, that is always how it works. Maybe that is why people don't get anything done, they don't throw away the things they will need later?

Ben

Doug Rose

The hard part is finding them when you need them. What box did I put them in??? I can always find something, when I'm NOT looking for it.....Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

Also applies to selling parts on eBay.  I just bought a perch Identical to one I sold six months ago.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

WEBellSystemChristian

...or passing up a $20 eBay phone, only to find out that it it's worth $500 the next day. >:(
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

RotarDad

That pic is great.  I know many of us here will try to keep all the extra parts as we work on phones.  I have one damaged red 500 that must have been completely submerged at one time considering the corrosion and sediment inside.  However, it has been a great supply of parts and I keep it for that reason.  I just finished an M-brown 500 that I posted recently, and it arrived with a wrong screw holding the piece under the cradle.  The "red submarine" came thru again with the correct part.  I plan to throw the junk away when I'm sure I've restored my last phone.  Until then, to Doug's point, we must organize the boxes.....
Paul

Matilo Telephones

Yes, I have a couple of phone that are unrestorable, but a very good source for parts. And I have a very early w28 that is complete and original. One of the first ever made. It is in very bad condition. I keep it as a reference. Just for checking other phones for originality, dating etc.

I have so many parts I know I'm never going to use. And some of these parts that may come in handy for somebody else. Like bakelite end caps. So I've put an ad on the internet, offering parts in general.

I get a lot of response from people owning only one phone, with a small defect, that are looking for something. And a lot of response from collectors that are not active on the internet. Interesting contacts.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones