News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Strange looking telephone

Started by Greg G., March 31, 2014, 12:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Anita and I got out of town for a few days.  The hotel were we stayed had a strange looking telephone.  I didn't work, instead of a dial tone I got water in my ear.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Owain

that is for washing the ear wax out so you can hear better

twocvbloke

At least you have a direct line to the waterworks... ;D

WesternElectricBen

Haha, those faucets are pretty cool..

Ben

Russ Kirk

That is hilarious!  I love it!  Thanks for the morning laugh!
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Greg G.

Here I am listening for a dial tone.  Funny thing is, this hotel had many antiques for decor (Victrola, old radios) but not one vintage phone!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Mr. Bones

At least you retrieved the Transmitter; I saw it in the caddy, in the initial pic! ;D

Best regards, looks like a lovely place to stay. I'm curious as to where it might be located, if you don't mind sharing...

Very nice fedora, by the way; I have a few, and am quite partial to them, my dang self!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Greg G.

Quote from: Mr. Bones on March 31, 2014, 07:41:24 PM
At least you retrieved the Transmitter; I saw it in the caddy, in the initial pic! ;D

Best regards, looks like a lovely place to stay. I'm curious as to where it might be located, if you don't mind sharing...

Very nice fedora, by the way; I have a few, and am quite partial to them, my dang self!

Best regards!

The fedora is an Akubra Casual, most comfortable lid I've owned!  The hotel was the historic Crown Mansion in Qualicum Beach, BC:  http://www.crownmansion.com/
- Mike Row
e