News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Traded NT Centurion for NT Millennium

Started by ....., March 22, 2018, 09:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A couple of weeks ago I made a trade for a NT Millennium. It had no keys and the fellow I got it from had it as a display for two years. I traded him a working 1980's Centurion for it. He wanted a working pay phone for his man cave. After I got it, drilled the locks out and opened it. Received some locks from another collector and someone else I know has a demo chip, he is sending me a personalized copy of it. It will be up and operating as soon as the chip arrives. I have it mounted and displayed. I started to convert a room in the basement that has been a storage and overflow room for the past 11 years. I'm slowly starting to move some of my display phones and other pieces in from the garage. I still have a way to go as I only have a third of the room emptied. The old storage room paneling doesn't look to bad with the phones.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Duffy on March 22, 2018, 09:52:01 PM
I started to convert a room in the basement that has been a storage and overflow room for the past 11 years. I'm slowly starting to move some of my display phones and other pieces in from the garage. I still have a way to go as I only have a third of the room emptied. The old storage room paneling doesn't look to bad with the phones.
It is always nice to have a phone room. I split my basement room into a display and (phone) storage area. I divided it with tall display shelves.
The storage side is set up for "bankers" boxes of telephones. This has boxes 1 deep and not more than 4 high per shelf, the storage will hold 96 boxes with a walkway between them.
In theory I will eventually label the boxes with descriptions better than "telephones".
The display side of the room is for rotating displays of phones.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.