News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Too much noise

Started by BDM, May 17, 2010, 10:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

is that an ivory 5302 or just an average ivory 500?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Thanks, Larry.  There is one on eBay now (Zenith) that is local pick-up only up in Harrison, MI.  My son will be within ten miles of there this weekend so if I can get it at a good price I may jump in (over my head) and buy it.

Kenny, it's a white 5302.  You can see it here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1155.0

Wallphone

Dennis, That's a beautiful looking radio. You almost got me hooked on them now. When I was a kid I had a Zenith that was 150 watts & a 15" speaker (I don't know the model number). When you turned the knob to change bands the dial face split in two and swung out of the way to reveal the dial face(s) under it. I used to listen to the radio late at night in the Detroit suburbs and it was nothing to listen to a baseball game from Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, or St.Louis. When I would hear a faraway station I would send a letter asking for a QSL card. The only one that ever sent me one was WBAP, Fort Worth, Texas.
I picked up a station on two different occasions from Salt Lake City but they never sent me one. I never understood how I pulled in a station on the other side of the Rockies unless it was a relay or something. 

Doug Rose

Dennis....that is one beautiful radio. I also see shelves with phones on them. Sure looks like some nice phones. I don't see any pictures in the Virtual Collections. Share them with us. won't you?

Everyone else, share you collections with us!....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Thanks Doug.  I'll have to get some photos.  I just set those phones on those "shelves" temporarily because my other shelves were over flowing.  I had assembled those shelves to put stereo components on and started piling telephones there (I was rearranging my room) instead.  The phones have remained.