Started by Phonesrfun, May 15, 2010, 11:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Several noted authors;
Good story;
Photos;
References to Dan's valuable restoration project;
Positive References to Classic Rotary Phones Forum

Congratulations.  I just downloaded and read the article,  Nicely done.

-Bill G

Dennis Markham

Thanks Bill, for pointing out the article.  It was very well written and very nice.  Great job Paul Fassbender and Doug Pavlichek on those articles.  Congratulations Dan, outstanding job!

paul-f

Thanks.  Doug is working on getting an extract packaged and posted so everyone in the group can read it.

Of course, we'll have to add a chapter to include tonight's info on the 1949 set!

Next we need to find some documentation on the 1948 trial.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dan/Panther

Paul, Doug;
You have captured the essence of project from start to finish. Thank both of you for doing a remarkable job in documenting this adventure, in the Current Issue of "Singing Wires"and making it possible for others to enjoy the journey, as much as we all have.
Both the Discovery article, and the follow up restoration article are exceptional.
Thanks guys;
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

how very exciting. i am looking forward to reading the article!
donna

paul-f

I've started a page with comparison photos from the article plus some of Greg's photos of the 1949 set so they can be found together as a group for reference.

http://www.paul-f.com/we500_Early.html

What other photos would be useful for side-by-side comparisons?
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dan/Panther

Paul;
The site changes look good. This is really an exciting time to be collecting phones. Things are starting to fall into place.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Wallphone

I had Shana, the superb editor of TCI's Singing Wires do a compilation of the articles that Paul Fassbender & myself wrote on Dan and his phone. They can be found here.
> http://www.telephonecollectors.org/singwire/samples.php <

I hope that you enjoy them.
Doug Pav

McHeath

Great article, very well done.  I really enjoyed seeing history being made on our forum, we were all very fortunate to be part of the discovery and refurbishment of D/P's fabulous find.  And to think it came this close to being a tossed out in the trash parts phone...