"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Guy from North Carolina

Started by Pourme, March 07, 2016, 01:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pourme

Hi!
When I joined I just jumped in without stopping by here and introducing myself. I have been reading this forum for a while. Recently decided to make it legal. I use the name Pourme on twitter. My name is Benny Fry I'm self employed, lifetime resident of the foothills of North Carolina.
My only sport is NASCAR racing. I once had a radio show interviewing the NASCAR stars.
I love old phones, the story behind each one. Every phone has a story weather or not we know what it is.I recently bought my first stick & my first pay phone. With less than twenty phones in my collection, I still have more phones than my wife realizes...Ha! I scatter them out!
I really enjoy the forum and I hope to be able to contribute as much as I partake from your contributions in the future...Thanks! 8)

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Jim Stettler

Welcome to the forum Benny,
I have been collecting for years. I have over 20 boxes of telephones that my wife doesn't realize I have. There is an art to hiding telephones.

JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Pourme

Quote from: Jim S. on March 07, 2016, 01:18:14 PM
Welcome to the forum Benny,
I have been collecting for years. I have over 20 boxes of telephones that my wife doesn't realize I have. There is an art to hiding telephones.

JMO,
Jim S.

I'd like some day to have a "phone room" like I see so many here have!
Benny

Pourme

Benny

Mr. Bones

Welcome, Benny!

Glad you decided to join us here, it is a wonderful bunch of collectors, sharing information and experience.

We don't actually have a thread on hiding phones, because, uh, er, somebody  ::) would find it, and we'd most likely all be in big trouble! ;D

Make yourself at home, and never be afraid to ask questions. I've probably asked most of the stupid ones already!

Best regards!

Bones
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

Pourme

Thanks Bones!
I understand about that hiding things thread....Too bad.

I enjoy the forum and appreciate the warm welcome!

Benny
Benny

Jim Stettler

A phone room is a great place to hide phones. Just pretend that you have had them for a long time.

JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Southernphoneman

From one North Carolinian to another i welcome you.

Welcome to CRPF. I have a connection with North Carolina. A close friend of mine owns a home in Wilmington. He stays there all winter and comes back home to Canada in the first week of May. I have all my US eBay purchases sent there, he brings them back for me. It's like Christmas in May for me.

Doug

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: Autonut on March 08, 2016, 04:19:50 PM
Welcome to CRPF. I have a connection with North Carolina. A close friend of mine owns a home in Wilmington. He stays there all winter and comes back home to Canada in the first week of May. I have all my US eBay purchases sent there, he brings them back for me. It's like Christmas in May for me.

Doug

The CBSA people must have alot of fun with your friend. 

Larry

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on March 08, 2016, 04:35:40 PM

Doug

The CBSA people must have alot of fun with your friend. 

Larry

He hasn't had a problem yet. I usually go down for a week in the spring and bring some back, but not this year. The difference between our dollars stopped that for now. There isn't that much there this year. I have had to pass up on some good deals, just for that reason.

Doug

Pourme

Quote from: Southernphoneman on March 08, 2016, 04:06:51 PM

Thank you!....I checked your FB page, you are on the East side. I will be in Holden Beach in July...spent part of my childhood in Jacksonville. I love callin' NC home!
Benny

Pourme

Doug

Thanks, Autonut! One of my best friends is a Canadian that married a NC gal and stayed in NC...
Benny

Southernphoneman

Quote from: Pourme on March 08, 2016, 05:23:38 PM
Quote from: Southernphoneman on March 08, 2016, 04:06:51 PM

Thank you!....I checked your FB page, you are on the East side. I will be in Holden Beach in July...spent part of my childhood in Jacksonville. I love callin' NC home!
:)Yes its a beautiful place to be.