News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My new Kellogg 900

Started by Phonesrfun, September 04, 2009, 10:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

I paid 39 for mine and it had a slight corner crack, but it rings and is a gorgeous phone. That buy it now is a great deal IMO.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Netdewt

Quote from: Wallphone on March 27, 2010, 07:32:44 PM
There is a "Buy it Now" that was just listed for $23. It looks decent.
> http://cgi.ebay.com/30s-Kellogg-900-Switchboard-Phone-Working_W0QQitemZ230454171393 <
Item # 230454171393
Not mine,
Dougpav

:( Shoot I missed it. Would have bought that one.

LarryInMichigan

QuoteThere is a "Buy it Now" that was just listed for $23. It looks decent.
> http://cgi.ebay.com/30s-Kellogg-900-Switchboard-Phone-Working_W0QQitemZ230454171393 <
Item # 230454171393

That certainly qualifies as the bargain of the week.  Unlike many or most Kellogg 900s, this one has an internal network.  I would expect it to go for $100 or more.

Larry

Wallphone

Netdewt,  You had an "on-line" status when I posted this. I was really hoping that you would jump on it.
Last week there was a 5302 that wasn't ID'ed as such that could have been had for $20. I didn't know if I should have said anything or not. It wasn't a Buy it now for $20 so I kept quiet in case someone had their eye on it waiting to snipe it. Turns out no one did.   
See  > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120545590229 <
Maybe the seller will re-list it.
Dougpav

Netdewt

I leave this forum in my browser window a lot. We were just getting ready to head out for dinner at 6:30pm. I know I was here, dangit. At least dinner was good: burger, fries, shakes at The Convention (50's grill that's actually been around since the 50's).

I told my wife how I missed that deal and she was mad that I wanted a phone with no dial.

LarryInMichigan

I have found 5302s for less than $20.  The last one I bought came with three 500s for a total of $6.

Larry

HarrySmith

Hey Bill,

That phone came out very nice! I am not a good spray painter either, I prefer to let someone else paint for me! I painted a car once and it came out looking pretty bad, all the wet sanding and compound in the world couldnt make it look good, but it was an improvement over what I started with so I called it a success! Congrats on a nice phone!

Harry
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Phonesrfun

Thanks, Harry!  I appreciate that.
-Bill G

Dan/Panther

Quote from: Dennis Markham on September 15, 2009, 08:32:02 AM
Nice job Bill.  Persistence pays off.  As soon as you have it perfected, clear off your front porch because we're all going to send you our stuff to be painted!  That is very nice looking phone.  I want one now.  Thanks loads (he says sarcastically).

Have you seen the Masterphone logos available anywhere??
Dennis;
I'm working on a plastics Masterphone Logo like the one riveted to the 925 base I have. I've looked every where for a replacement, I've even had  a hard time finding a decent photo to copy.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

rdelius

I cheated on a Masterphone logo. Find an ad for the telephone-Rons book?. Photocopy or scan to size. Get some thin plastic to cover it. If you use off white paper or old plastic, things will age well
Robby