News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Olde Telephone Company, Newport, OR

Started by Phonesrfun, June 13, 2017, 09:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Last month I was unable to attend the phone show in Newport, OR due to the fact that my wife had a broken leg on the "heels" of having shoulder surgery a few weeks before that.  This week-end my wife and I did go on a short vacation to the Oregon coast and we met up with George Valenzuela and his staff at The Olde Telephone Co.

Here is a linke to his web site:

http://theoldtelephonecompany.com

I must say Wow, what a place it is!  He has a retail shop a block off the main highway, US 101 in the heart of Newport, OR.  It is filled with hundreds and hundreds of top-notch old phones.  While the prices are pretty much retail, it is very nice to see this kind of a business thriving.  His store and shop are very well done, clean and well organized.  He and Tom Herwer put on the Northwest show this year, and I understand from talking to others and from pictures that the show was a success.

My congratulations to George and his staff!
-Bill G

Fabius

This week-end my wife and I did go on a short vacation to the Oregon coast and we met up with George Valenzuela and his staff at The Olde Telephone Co.

George is a long time collector and dealer. He is from southern California where he was a police officer. When he retired he opened up an olde telephone shop. I believe it was in Manhattan Beach. He was at last year's ATCA Indiana show where I got to see him again after many many years. When I lived in California I would see him at the shows and visited his shop once or twice. George is an advanced collector known for the nice items he had.

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905