News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

First Run Dietz Scout Dead Flame Lamp sold on eBay

Started by TelePlay, August 06, 2017, 05:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

I've heard of these but never seen one. It sold a few weeks ago for $222 total. Looks restored but the seller said pristine condition. Posted here for posterity. Seller description said:

"Here's maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a first generation DIETZ SCOUT . Dietz only made one run of these in 1918 after WW 1 before starting production on the common Scouts that you see every day . This one has the brass tag on the font & no embossing on the top . It's in pristine condition . It's nice greenish tin "

It's a dead flame lamp, just like an oil candle, where the wick is in the center of the globe and the air it needs enters from the bottom and the fumes exit out of the top. No air tubes to feed the flame. An oil candle inside a globe. Really neat item, even at $222.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/First-gen-Dietz-Scout-kerosene-skaters-lantern-lamp-not-Ham-Buhl-Berger-SG-amp-L-/253063364911

AL_as_needed

Ok...I'm done....too much lantern eye candy for one night....This, the skater lamp, and the Bell System wizard (especially as its in my price range).... too much "aw man, coulda bid on that.."

Im going to go hug rusty wizard and try and lull myself to sleep, darn lantern bug   ;D
TWinbrook7