News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Happy Father's Day Flea Market Find!!!

Started by Dan, June 20, 2010, 12:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

My wife and I went to our monthly "flea-tique " show in Kentucky today and we got there around 9:30. (it opened to early birds at 6 AM) I walked the whole show looking for phones and anything else old and at 11:00 we were on our way out and I saw a phone out the corner of my eye that I somehow missed earlier. I felt my heart beating in my chest as I walked over. The price tag was flipped over so it wasn't visible and I thought to myself , "Please God, let this be affordable."

As  I picked it up he said he could do better on it so I got it for $40 :o :o ;D. All original, cords crimps are 12-56 and the rest is 1-57. The voice element and earpiece thing (sorry I do not know the real names) are 1980?!!!.

It was amazing this phone was there from 6-11AM and I asked the seller where he got it and he said he picked things up all over and he couldn't remember. He had a squared off based stromberg carlson (black) also for $45

There are deals out there people. We just have to get lucky I guess.!!!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Jim Stettler

Great find Dan. As a guess, you could probably sell this phone for $1,000+

Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

JorgeAmely

Dan:

I am very happy to see that you got a WE500 in Mediterranean Blue color ...

... with the mushroom lamp in matching color (the P model)
... with a gray curly cord
... with a gray mounting cord
... all for $40.

I have attached my picture after I read your post.

PS: Just joking, and enjoy your great Father's Day present.
Jorge

Jim Stettler

You live, You learn,

AET

I've really been in a phone slump, this re-inspired me.
- Tom

Dennis Markham

Dan, as the kids today would say.........

D U D E !!!!

What an incredible find!  I'm still laughing out loud at Jorge's photo!  Dan, you are going to have to kiss a LOT of frogs to top this find!

Dan

Dennis, I thought about your $45 medit. blue  at a flea market  find a few years back, it it was VERY ironic the price on this was $45. (and blue too!)

I really appreciate the kind words guys. I have hooked up a 2012 C transformer to it and after moving one wire it lit up like a Christmas tree!!

Don't worry Jorge, from the looks of your picture, you're a young fella and you'll have more time to find phones on this earth than me ;)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

JorgeAmely

Dan:

It is a very nice phone. It you were to sell it (which I think you won't) it would be worth around $800.
Jorge

bwanna

beautiful & lucky find, dan. you should play the lotto today, too.  ;) after you spied this one, did you then wonder how many other  'finds" you missed. :o ???

btw...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL DADS! hope you are all able to enjoy a day with your kids. :)
donna

JorgeAmely

Dan:

What were you doing so far south of your territory (the Mason-Dixie line)? Aren't you invading other collector's grounds?   ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

Jester

Great find, Dan!  That should fill in all your 500 colors, now--if you include the gray two-tone.
Stephen

Dan

Jorge, I'm a tristate (Ind-KY-Oh) collector. I'll be hitting the south in two weeks.
Where are your stomping grounds again?

Jester-- thanks. I can't believe I am that close to getting the colours done. I need the oxford grey (I don't count the two-tone). Nice meeting you the other day!

Jim Stettler

Quote from: JorgeAmely on June 20, 2010, 02:35:37 PM
Dan:

It is a very nice phone. It you were to sell it (which I think you won't) it would be worth around $800.

I am still betting at $1,000+. Dan could you do a 10 day auction on Ebay to decide this. ;D

Jim
You live, You learn,

Jim Stettler

I got my girls to clean and polish my phone booth as a fathers day request. I also got the oldest to clean up a SS TT payphone I bought last Wed. ($20.00) it was green and someone painted it black. It is now in the booth and wired  up. I still need to run a line to it. I did test the phone and it does work. I might swap the top w/pare rotary top I have.
Jim
You live, You learn,

Doug Rose

Dan...outstanding find!!  They are out there....congrats....Doug
Kidphone