News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Faded and spotty Pink 500 Help

Started by debeaune, August 21, 2014, 06:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

debeaune

I have a beautiful Pink Bell 500 but the previous owner must have tried to bleach or chemically treat the body and ear piece and now its a much lighter pink than the inside, see pictures, and even has some whitish spots, circled. I usually treat my light color phones using the Dally 30 mix to removing browning but I would assume this phone is beyond that, anyone have any experience with this type of damage and have any tips for how to bring it back, is sanding my only option?  Thanks...Tim

JorgeAmely

You could try to wet sand those outside panels only. You really don't need to sand the entire phone.
Jorge

unbeldi

Since the shell is spotty, I assume the previous owner didn't clean the surface perfectly when bleaching in the first place.

Yes, this can be removed.  I ran the "experiment".   Try using a 1000 grit wet sand paper or micro polish cloth. You need to experiment with the grit number perhaps, but I wouldn't go lower.  From my experience the faded surface layers are thin and the surface can be easily restored.

PS: this actually happened to me on a pink phone as well, and it was mostly the handset caps that were noticeably over-bleached, but perhaps not as much as yours is.