News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Michael Jackson, Dead at 50.

Started by Dan/Panther, June 25, 2009, 10:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I have always said that the reason Michael Jackson had all of the plastic surgery, was to make himself appear as Peter Pan.
For gosh sakes the guy lived at his estate called NEVERLAND, and he had a statue of Peter Pan out front.
They just announced that one of his last quotes was. "I will always be Peter Pan in my heart."
I don't think Michael Jackson had an ugly thought in his heart. He had lost his childhood, and tried to regain it, by becomming Peter Pan for others.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

I don't know what really happened with Michael and the kids, I can make no judgment.  I was never a big fan, but certainly enjoyed and respected his talents. I think he was probably a very sweet, if very eccentric person, and all the news media and jokes in poor taste just made his lost childhood that much more difficult. Just my .02
-Matt

Dan/Panther

Matt;
Personally, I think that is what ultimately killed him.
He was actually pure at heart, and because of all the hype, he could no longer live ouit his fantasy.
I live by the old saying; "If you give up your dreams, You die."
D/P

HobieSport

Speaking of all the hype, he expected to only do ten concerts and then they signed him up and sold tickets for 50 back to back shows without even asking him. Talk about pressure.  I can't vouch for his personal life of course, but it's just sad whatever the case.
-Matt

foots

I was a fan of his until the album after Bad, which is when he started getting whiter and weird. In the early '80s, he was our generation's Elvis - all of the kids liked him including myself, which is says a lot since I was into Ozzy, Ratt, Dokken, Megadeth ect...
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Tonyrotary

Hey Foots,

Same here. I was into the same music as you, but secretly had to admit Michael was pretty awsome in the early to mid eighties.

BDM

Hmmmm....Not much interest ever in him..........While his impact upon the music/performing world cannot be denied. He was still a full fledged fruit cake in my eyes.

Seeing people spend days outside his family compound, crying, going on, acting like they have no life. Some even saying they no longer want to live. Is even fruitier!! Personally, I could care less. People like Henry Ford (and the like) impacted my life FAR more than any singer performer or actor/actress could even begin to imaging.

Here we are with a country that's falling apart, it's future dim. And folks act like this is the worst thing since WWII (I'm not speaking of you folks). There are FAR more pressing issues to get on with than this "celebrity crying game" in my book. 

Good-bye Ed, Farrah, Michael. You were lucky and had everything you needed in life, or so you thought. Thanks for the memories (especially Ed & Farrah)........God be with you.......Now, on to more pressing issues.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bingster

Whew... Given the news coverage, I was beginning to think I was the only one who was unmoved.
= DARRIN =

BDM

Quote from: bingster on June 26, 2009, 01:41:08 PM
Whew... Given the news coverage, I was beginning to think I was the only one who was unmoved.

No, not even close. My brother wont even turn the news channels on. He's sick of this, before it even got started! I hopped into the car this morning to go fetch my morning coffee & paper.....I grabbed the coffee, left the paper. It's plastered with this.......this..................well, you get it.  Now, I'm choosing radio station channels. Almost everyone has Michael Jackson & The Jackson 5 songs playing....Yup, imaging if you will, the picture of pushing button #1, 2, 3, 4, 5..........Each one playing a different Jackson tune. Then I picked CKWW on the AM band. Same thing!!!!! I ended up having a nice quiet ride home.......

Don't get me wrong, if people want to morn, ok. I understand. We all morn the passing of someone. But, this is ridiculous, as usual!
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

Well, it becomes a shared cultural moment when people like this pass, and from my vantage point these type of moments actually serve to unify the bonds that link us.  Those links are both national and international as Michael Jackson was globally popular.  Music is wildly popular in all human cultures, I was reading yesterday about a 35,000 year old flute, and Jackson connected that way with a lot of people.  Folks get pretty attached to their music. 

So he was not some folks cup of tea, so be it, not everyone is. 

Dan/Panther

It appears the the coroner found no natural cause of death, they are waiting for toxacology reportr. That goes with rumors his Dr. OD'd him on demeral... How absolutely sad that a life ends with a few cc's of a liquid.
D/P

foots

I'm not drastically affected by MJ's death, nor do I understand why so many people are acting like he was some sort of god. I think this has been blown way out of proportion.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

HobieSport

Quote from: foots
I'm not drastically affected by MJ's death, nor do I understand why so many people are acting like he was some sort of god. I think this has been blown way out of proportion.

I actually forgot about it already. 8)
-Matt

McHeath

Just showed my wife the Thriller video, she'd never seen it, she liked it.  Almost 30 years later it's still fun, and of course Vincent Price was a masterful stroke to include. 

mienaichizu

Its sad to hear that Michael Jackson died, I'm not a big fan of him but I like his early songs, Thriller, Rock with you, etc.