Main Menu

Introducing myself and my telephones

Started by ritchie, November 02, 2010, 09:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

Congratulations!!  Beautiful phones!!

Bushman

McHeath

Holy Shocking Find Batman!  A brown bakelite AE 34 for your first phone?  And for only a C note?  Impressive, most impressive. 

ritchie

Thanks!  I was hesitant paying a C note for it considering my original intention (intercoms). But I see now it was a good investment.

Don't worry, even my intercom plan wouldnt have altered the phones at all, simply connecting them together in series with a battery and resistor.

The same place has another NE #1 that I'll pick up.

They also have a Strowger Potbelly CandleStick 11 Digit AutoDialer, but I've not got 3800 bucks....

AE_Collector

Quote from: ritchie on November 02, 2010, 11:05:20 PM
They also have a Strowger Potbelly CandleStick 11 Digit AutoDialer, but I've not got 3800 bucks....

So they did their homework on the Strowger but slipped up on the AE34.

Terry

stub

ritchie ,
             Welcome to the forum!!! All I can say is W O W on a 1st find .
             Look out Terry, here comes competition  .
             Great find !!!!!!!!   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

ritchie

Quote from: ae_collector on November 02, 2010, 11:16:12 PM

So they did their homework on the Strowger but slipped up on the AE34.

Terry

yup, it's a nice phone but what a price tag!

AE_Collector

Quote from: stub1953 on November 02, 2010, 11:28:59 PM
ritchie ,
            Welcome to the forum!!! All I can say is W O W on a 1st find .
            Look out Terry, here comes competition  .
            Great find !!!!!!!!   stub

Yeah, Ritchie....you now have to tell us your address to be on this forum....new rule. Fill in the blanks..

Street Address_________________________
City___________________________________
Province______________________________
Hours when you usually aren't home__________

Terry

AE_Collector

I guess you are hoping we don't say" Holy Crap....that Strowger has the ultra rare finger stop...it's worth $10 grand minimum!"

Terry

ritchie

Quote from: ae_collector on November 02, 2010, 11:36:12 PM

Yeah, Richie....you now have to tell us your address to be on this forum....new rule. Fill in the blanks..

Street Address_________________________
City___________________________________
Province______________________________
Hours when you usually aren't home__________

LOL, I see I'm going to have to hide this AE34!  :)

stub

Terry,
         And I think I still have your address, just let me know when you plan to visit ritchie !!! ::) ::)   Sorry I forgot, the one I have is  in the States.            stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Quote from: ritchie on November 02, 2010, 11:38:59 PM

LOL, I see I'm going to have to hide this AE34!  :)

No No, you need to have them out on dispaly where you and others can enjoy them. Might I sugest your front porch....but not for a couple of days at least, depending on driving conditions.

Terry

AE_Collector

Quote from: stub1953 on November 02, 2010, 11:41:05 PM
Terry,
         And I think I still have your address, just let me know when you plan to visit ritchie !!! ::) ::)    stub

Give me a minute, the weather reports on soon. Actually, what are you doing the next couple of days Ken, you're closer than me I'd say.

Terry

stub

Terry,
           I've been off for 31 yrs.  I need to come visit Canada !!!!!!!!!!!!!   stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

AE_Collector

Quote from: stub1953 on November 02, 2010, 11:46:04 PM
Terry,
           I've been off for 31 yrs.  I need to come visit Canada !!!!!!!!!!!!!   stub

Ken:

I'd say get in the car, head by Ritchie's place (front porch in a couple of days), turn left and come out here to Vancouver. Then get some of these 80E's and Stylelines out of here, we can talk 880's, look for 95 Panel phone inserts, Starlite current limiting plugs, etc etc.....

Then if Ritchie hasn't tracked us down by then you can turn around and head for home.

Don't forget to bring the 880....

Terry

JorgeAmely

Quote from: ae_collector on November 02, 2010, 09:22:30 PM
As Bingster said, if the first one (AE 34 made from 1934 to 1939 by Automatic Electric) is actually brown bakelite rather than black, you've got a $1500 phone there. What is really annoying me is that you are in either BC or Alberta (I'm in Coquitlam BC) and you found it before I did!!! (Just kidding, thankfully someone found it!) There isn't much doubt that it is either a Mahogany or Walnut phone (AE made two slightly different color variations) as it also has the chrome trim on the handset.

Second is an AE 40 which is the phone that superceeded the AE 34. Made from 1939 to sometime in the late 1950's, also by Automatic Electric. These too were available with chrome trim like your 34 has. $50 - $100 without chrome trim.

And finally the Northern Electric Uniphone. Northern Electric was Bell Canada's manufacturing arm. I can't say much about the time frame that this phone was manufactured. Probably $50 - $100 as well but again I don't know that much about Northern Electric phones.

Dennis: I think we just found a new member for the forum!

Terry

Terry:
It looks brown from here.
Jorge