News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

annuciator Cabinet Resoration

Started by Babybearjs, December 20, 2015, 05:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

well, I spent my weekend playing..... with this.... got all the lights and switches rewired and now it works....
John

Babybearjs

here are some more pictures......
John

AE_Collector

What do you think its original use was John? Can you tell who made it?

Are four of the large black buttons push buttons and the rest blanks? Green thing in back is a tamper switch beside the 10 VAC buzzer?

And how are you using it now?

Terry

Babybearjs

right now, its just for show. I replaced all the lamps and only have the first 4 banks wired. I added the buzzer and included the door switch.... (cuts power to the lights when open) I added the terminal strips and want to add a 101A inductor coil and a 195 cap to the unit so you can add a 202, or 211 phone to it.... whether I do this or not is still pending.... the unit originally was part of a PBX Alarm circuit. I wish there was more info on these in the TCI library.... I guess these were custom made for CO's and customers alike.... I'd also like to find some keys for it.... the pushbuttons just aren't enough.... the pushbuttons are SP-NO, SP-NC, and SP-NO switches.... (2 NO circuits) I have them wired to the lights so when the unitis not being used, just the red lights are on.... when you push the first button, the first bank of lights go Red OFF-Top Wht on. and so on. the second SP-NO circuit is for the buzzer circuit....If I can find the rest of the spare switchboard lamp holders I have.... I'll put them in where the button blanks are now....  this is just a fun science project of sorts.... I don't know if I'll ever really put it to use.... but for a indicator panel it works great!
John