News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

CRPF Member Photo's - Wanna see something really Scarey!

Started by Dan/Panther, March 21, 2009, 11:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 01, 2009, 02:35:35 PM
Mienaichizu;
On your trips do you ever get to the States. If so maybe you could look some of us up, and maybe shop for some treasres to take home.
D/P

BTW, your picture is not nearly scary enough.

thanks D/P, I have not been out of the country, but I have relatives there in Calif., and some are in Canada

mienaichizu

Quote from: McHeath on April 01, 2009, 06:57:44 PM
Mienaichizu, dude, you are way too hip for this forum.   ;)

hahaha!!! yah, I'm still young but I like old stuffs, that's why my friends always tells me that I'm a time traveler, hehehehe :D

Ellen

Nice hat; do you collect airplanes, too? ;)

mienaichizu

nope that's not my plane, its company owned.

but I love ocean liners

Dennis Markham

Ramil, I like the photo by the beach.  Was that taken recently?  Is the water warm enough to swim in now?  Or is it always warm??

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dennis Markham on April 01, 2009, 10:36:48 PM
Ramil, I like the photo by the beach.  Was that taken recently?  Is the water warm enough to swim in now?  Or is it always warm??

Yup, that photo was taken this February. It is warm enough to swim, and the water is very clear and pristine

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dan/Panther

Quote from: mienaichizu on April 01, 2009, 09:51:46 PM

but I love ocean liners

I have a fairly good collection of Ocean Liner Books, tape,s and memorabilia. I belong to the, "Titanic Historical Siciety", and was a Founding member of the "Queen Mary Foundation". I also have a postcard from Queenstown, from the Titanic, and I got to meet 6 of the last survivors in 1988 at the 25th convention of the T.H.S., in Boston.
I video taped Frank Aks, Eva Hart, and Ruth Becker Blanchard, and 2 other survivors, now since passed away.
You know the Titanic was an American owned Vessel, J.P. Morgans Mechantile Marine.
A bit of trivia here, White Star lines was J.P Morgans first financial failure, They owned Titanic.  Titanics insurance bailed his butt out. He was also a scheduled passenger on the maiden voyage, along with many of his Financial competitors, and he cancelled at the last minute. Could it possibly have been Sabotage ???
Being an American owned Vessel, yet the Post Office has never featured The Titanic on a stamp. I think that is rather sad. Maybe coming up on the 100 th anniversary maybe it will get a stamp.
But being it's on April 15th, the IRS will probably get a stamp instead.
D\P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

rp2813

OK, our host here gave me a nudge so here goes.  Just a pic of myself I needed to take for work a while back.
Ralph

Dennis Markham

Good job Ralph!  Now you have joined the ranks of the rest of us scary people!

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 02, 2009, 01:12:16 AM
Quote from: mienaichizu on April 01, 2009, 09:51:46 PM

but I love ocean liners

I have a fairly good collection of Ocean Liner Books, tape,s and memorabilia. I belong to the, "Titanic Historical Siciety", and was a Founding member of the "Queen Mary Foundation". I also have a postcard from Queenstown, from the Titanic, and I got to meet 6 of the last survivors in 1988 at the 25th convention of the T.H.S., in Boston.
I video taped Frank Aks, Eva Hart, and Ruth Becker Blanchard, and 2 other survivors, now since passed away.
You know the Titanic was an American owned Vessel, J.P. Morgans Mechantile Marine.
A bit of trivia here, White Star lines was J.P Morgans first financial failure, They owned Titanic.  Titanics insurance bailed his butt out. He was also a scheduled passenger on the maiden voyage, along with many of his Financial competitors, and he cancelled at the last minute. Could it possibly have been Sabotage ???
Being an American owned Vessel, yet the Post Office has never featured The Titanic on a stamp. I think that is rather sad. Maybe coming up on the 100 th anniversary maybe it will get a stamp.
But being it's on April 15th, the IRS will probably get a stamp instead.
D\P

Oh my, can't believe this, really?? I'm talking to one of the founding member of Queen Mary Foundation? D/P your cool!

I know this is a little bit going off topic, my only significant ocean liner memorabilia is a stamp of the French Line's Normandie dated May 29, 1935 which was mailed on board the said ship during its maiden voyage and a water color post card of the Queen Mary. I don't have much books about ocean liners but I have some books about the Titanic

mienaichizu

here is a scanned copy of the Normandie maiden voyage stamp

HobieSport

While we're on the subject of great ocean liners, here is an interesting article on the S.S. Constitution, whose interiors where designed by Henry Dreyfuss.  Where else could one find a link between Dreyfuss, Cary Grant, Debra Kerr, Lucy Ricardo and Grace Kelly? :)

http://www.jetsetmodern.com/affair.htm

...and her sister ship, The S.S. Independence, also by Dreyfuss, still sailing strong since 1950:

http://www.maritimematters.com/independence.html

Gee I'd love to take a cruise on one of these great classic liners.  In my dreams.

Dennis Markham

Those stamps are very cool Ramil.  Nice photo.

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dennis Markham on April 02, 2009, 11:31:13 PM
Those stamps are very cool Ramil.  Nice photo.

thanks Dennis, I'd posted some of my stamps and paper bill collections on my multiply site

here's the link:

http://mienaichizu.multiply.com/photos/album/37/Stamps_and_Paper_Bills_Collection