News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Short North Stick This is a keeper

Started by Doug Rose, August 05, 2013, 06:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Heavy and short...no bottom but it is an amazing stick. Marked handset set as well....Doug
Kidphone

wds

Another nice one.  Let me know if you put that one on Flea Bay.
Dave

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: wds on August 05, 2013, 07:33:19 PM
Another nice one.  Let me know if you put that one on Flea Bay.

He said its a keeper.

Ben

wds

Maybe Doug will forget and put it on Ebay by accident............
Dave

Doug Rose

I think all but two will be sold for space reasons. There are some great sticks in the group of 12....plus the WE 130  Donut phone. The North and a really great Leich. I will get some pics out later. I am supposed to be resting after surgery yesterday. Nah!
Kidphone

poplar1

Were most of these from the same dealer? It's lucky that these survived for 100 years.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

Quote from: poplar1 on August 06, 2013, 10:09:53 AM
Were most of these from the same dealer? It's lucky that these survived for 100 years.
David....all from the same person. Really in nice shape considering their age. My guess is some collector passed away and the phones were sold as a group to the person Janet bought them from as a group as well. All look untouched but a few a repro mouth pieces, so someone tried to fix them for sale a bit. Some really great sticks that I have never seen live. Really lucky!....Doug
Kidphone

Jon Kolger

North sticks like this didn't have a bottom.  There was originally a leather ring around the circumference of the base.

Doug Rose

Quote from: Jon Kolger on August 06, 2013, 08:19:51 PM
North sticks like this didn't have a bottom.  There was originally a leather ring around the circumference of the base.
thanks Jon....it is exactly how you described it!! I feel even better, if that is possible!! I just love this stick. My first North stick.....Doug
Kidphone

rfkimba

Hi Doug and Dave,
Doug your NE thick shaft is beautiful. My phone below  has a slightly different transmitter design . My old wall NE had a transmitter closer to yours. I have a WE 143 shell on a named NE cap/element as I have yet to locate a NE shell. Now I have a visual of your shell. Is there any chance you can show a photo of the named NE internal element so I can compare to mine ?

I also attached photos of my NE shaft as sold on EBay with the rear screw and one sold by Shelley   on EBay(red table cloth) with a rear screw.
Sincerely,
Bob Farber

Doug Rose

Bob...I'll get you some pics of the receiver on the weekend....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Bob......here a few pics of the North Receiver....Doug
Kidphone

rfkimba

Hi Doug,
My NE receiver internals match yours . Confirmation at last ! I am still in search of a bakelite NE shell to match my NE end cap . The early NE receivers are relatively uncommon . I have yet to find one on Ebay. Anyone have a spare NE shell?
Thanks Again,
Bob