"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Lot Of Phones- 302 Ivory metal

Started by John S, July 11, 2011, 07:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Hello,

Its been a while since I posted on here, been really busy here.  I was in west Chicago this weekend and found a lot of phones on Craigslist for 25.00.  I bought a 302 ivory metal, D-1, 500 with out a headset, f-1 headset and a spitcup headset.  My question is, are 302 ivory metal phones rare?  Hard to find?  I never seen one before.  The only thing is that its missing the dial.  Its in decent shape for its age.  The date 1940 is found all over the phone.  For 25.00 dollars I could not pass it up.  I took some pics.  Any information with be cool.  Its been a while since I found some cool phones.  Thanks everybody!!!!!!

John S.

HarrySmith

Nice find! Congrats!
I do not think any painted metal 302's are considered rare however, the brown bakelite handset is a good catch!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

LarryInMichigan

I was trying to buy those phones >:(    Oh well.  Congratulations on a great catch.

Larry

rdelius

The painted sets used brown bakelite handsets with no grooves.
Robby

Doug Rose

Nice haul Jim. Definitely a WE paint job with the brown seamless bakelite handset, not sure about the black dial blank...welcome back....Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

Nice haul!!!  The brown painted handset is worth about $70 or so itself!  Slap a dial in it and you are ready to go!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

AE_Collector

Wanted: Finds of the month nominations for July 2011.

Terry