News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

February phones

Started by NorthernElectric, February 15, 2016, 12:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernElectric

Here's a couple that I have recently acquired.

1st up, a beautifully restored NE Uniphone #1.  This is my nicest looking phone and my crappy photo does not do it justice.  I can't take credit for the restoration; it's beyond my current level of expertise.  Maybe this might inspire me to develop the skills necessary.

2nd, a WE B1.  I probably should have taken a photo of this for the barn fresh topic, but couldn't resist cleaning it up and getting it working.  It had a dial blank and straight rubber handset cord on it when I got it, but after cleaning it up I put a 4H on it and wired it up 202 style to a 684BA subset.  The handset cord was hard as a rock and the rubber cracked on me, so I swapped it for a curly cord for now.  I will have to get cloth cords for it (added to my growing shopping list).  I made my 1st call on it this morning and it works well.
Cliff

rbouch

Boy, that uniphone looks almost unused.  And the dial card, did that come with it?

Where did you pick them up from?

NorthernElectric

Doug, the B1 came from one of my favourite shops, the identity of which must remain top secret.   ;D   I have been such a good customer there that the proprietor emails me when he gets stuff in that I might like.  The Uniphone, as I think you may have already guessed, I got from fellow forum member Jeff Lamb (ktownphoneco).

rbouch, the dial card came with it.  Jeff told me that it's a reproduction of a factory dial card, I guess sort of a placeholder, that NE shipped on their phones but that the telephone companies replaced with their own number cards.  Jeff says to contact him if you want one.
Cliff

Quote from: NorthernElectric on February 15, 2016, 06:30:06 PM
Doug, the B1 came from one of my favourite shops, the identity of which must remain top secret.   ;D   I have been such a good customer there that the proprietor emails me when he gets stuff in that I might like.  The Uniphone, as I think you may have already guessed, I got from fellow forum member Jeff Lamb (ktownphoneco).

rbouch, the dial card came with it.  Jeff told me that it's a reproduction of a factory dial card, I guess sort of a placeholder, that NE shipped on their phones but that the telephone companies replaced with their own number cards.  Jeff says to contact him if you want one.

Cliff,

As soon as I seen your Uniphone, I thought that but just wanted to make sure. The dial card was a dead giveaway. I have one on my 302 that Jeff did for me. I now know what my 1956 North Electric Signal Corps Uniphone will look like. I dropped it off to him this weekend. As for your other phone goes. I understand, I also have my spots as well.  ;)

Doug

NorthernElectric

I forgot to mention that the Uniphone is sort of my birthday phone with I think all parts dated the year I was born, 1956.
Cliff