News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Which one of you has ever heard of the Krone FTA 67.2?

Started by Matilo Telephones, March 02, 2016, 05:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matilo Telephones

Picked this up along with that SC 1212 Fatboy: a Krone FTA 67.1

I knew it was special when I saw it. I didn't know exactly what it was, untill I turned it over. A Krone FTA 67.1.
A what???
Well, it is rather obscure. I only found out about its existence a couple of weeks ago. It is a version of the Dutch T65. It has many identitical components. Only the shape of the body shell, handset and fingerwheel are different. Other components are the same.
The type is very rare in itself. A clear one is unheard of.

Krone developed the T65 for the Dutch PTT and to learn of this sibling I was very interested in having one, to compare the 2 telephones. So finding a clear one is a almost unbielievable.

It is in good condition, with a few minor cracks in the perspex. There is a paper label in the cords compartment at the underside. The wire colors are German, but the colored dots at the terminals are the same as the Dutch T65s. As the rubber bits are sliced on one side, to allow a new wire to be put in, I assume the cords have been replaced and the originals are the same as T65 cords.
It is dirty but it will clean up nicely. It will look fantastic polished up.

Has anybody here ever heard of it? Any info on it? On the internet I could not find anything. Very few pics, mostly from Finland.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Jim Stettler

That is the first one I am aware of. It is a nice phone.
You might be able to find some info on Remco's musuemn site.
http://www.telefoonmuseum.com/

JMO,

Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Matilo Telephones

Thanks Jim, but I´m afraid there is no info on the FTA 67.1 on that page.
Groeten,

Arwin

dsk

19and41

This must be the time of year for the albino phones to come out of their hiding places.  They make quite attractive units.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

unbeldi

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on March 02, 2016, 05:25:22 PM
Picked this up along with that SC 1212 Fatboy: a Krone FTA 67.1

Krone developed the T65 for the Dutch PTT and to learn of this sibling I was very interested in having one, to compare the 2 telephones. So finding a clear one is a almost unbielievable.

Has anybody here ever heard of it? Any info on it? On the internet I could not find anything. Very few pics, mostly from Finland.

Krone made a bunch of obscure telephones, I have found.

In searching, I also found that some seem to think it was a T65 version for the Netherlands.

I didn't find it in the handbooks that I have from the German Bundespost, and I was sure I would.  But I am lacking much from the 1970s.

I did find a picture of the wall version.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: 19and41 on March 03, 2016, 02:37:22 PM
This must be the time of year for the albino phones to come out of their hiding places.  They make quite attractive units.
Here is a clear grillo that recently sold.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/222031647307?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Jim S.

If someone wants to post the photos from the auction. Please do.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Doug Rose

Well...I have one just sitting collecting dust, in really nice shape.  Hmmmmm. I got it for the novelty ....Doug
Kidphone

19and41

— Arthur C. Clarke

Matilo Telephones

Do you perhaps have pictures of it, Doug? The cords on mine are replacements. I think the originals were exactly the same as on the T65, even down to the colours of the wires. I would really like confirmation of that.

What colour is yours? They do come in quant colours too. Of course there is grey, but also salmon-orange, turquoise, and olive green i have seen sofar.
Groeten,

Arwin

Doug Rose

Arwin....I'll take some pics and post on Saturday. ...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Arwin....here you go. It appears to be in wonderful condition. 19 degrees out when I took these pictures. Yes I love telephones! Cord appears to be 1/2 straight and 1/2 curly. It is a touchtone phone. I never tried to get it to work where it has the great European plug. I will bring dial tone to it and see if it works. It is a white/cream color two tone. At first I thought it was faded in places, but it is not. Clear cover has slight yellowing, but in better than average condition. Much heavier than you would think from looking at it. I am considering listing it on eBay tomorrow....Doug
Kidphone

Matilo Telephones

Thanks Doug, fabulous phone. Interesting to compare it with the one in the ebay ad.

By the way, I was in contact with the buyer. I'll show him your pics. :-)
Groeten,

Arwin

Doug Rose

Under further review...I am a dope....but you already knew that!

It is a rotary phone with a four prong. Rings on incoming calls and dials out no problem. It is a working phone. It will be on eBay today....Doug
Kidphone

19and41

When I look at the pic of the dial. it looks like there are buttons that extend through the finger wheel.  That told me "touch tone" .  But then the view from the rear that clearly shows the rotary dial mechanism says a rotary phone.  I guess I could take your word for it either way.  ;D 
— Arthur C. Clarke