News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My recent purchase.

Started by acolabrese, March 08, 2013, 12:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acolabrese

Recently I took a chance on a 302 and made out well. I spent $35.00 on this one. I bid after a night out, so naturally alcohol allowed me to bid freely. This is what arrived. The original dial card was a bonus. I still haven't spent the time needed to clean and get this one going again. I found a really sad 302 from '49 that was first on deck. So, not bad for a chance buy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TELEPHONE-1930S-DESK-MODEL-/251229613609?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=snCHOAddR6egvbD0eMtRHZyLOS4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

twocvbloke

Yeah, alcohol and ebay are bad for your wallet... :D

HarrySmith

$35.00 is not bad for a metal 302. On another note, I was surprised to see the sticker on the bottom with AT&T on it! I called the 800 number just for giggles and it is a place called QLP leasing service in Philadelphia, PA. Apparently this was a leased phone!! :o The menu gives an option if you are calling from a rotary phone :o I did not have the time to stay on the line but it would be neat to give them the number and see when it was last used!!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Nick in Manitou

I wonder if the leasing company would request the phone back?

acolabrese

They better have a serial number... Oh wait, it didn't have one. Darn.  ::)