News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Multi Line U43?

Started by wds, February 12, 2014, 08:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

Picked this up from Ebay, but I'm not sure what it is.  Looks like a multi line U43.  The lever on the front I'm guessing is the hold button.  Couple of cracks on the phone, but otherwise pretty nice.  Any ideas what this phone is?
Dave

LarryInMichigan

That sure looks like a busy phone.  The thing in the center looks like it might be a buzzer.  Perhaps the switch on the front was used to switch between an external phone line and intercom use.

Larry

Matilo Telephones

That knob on the right is not a button, but a blinker.

These kind of phones typically didn´t have a ringer or a buzzer. With a switch you could select between outside and inside line. Possibly the button/switch at the left lets you do that. When you put down the handset, the mechanism puts that switch back into neutral mode.

The little buttons at the top let you select certain in house extentions.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Bill

Interesting phone. Much (all?) of the printing on the underside is French. From my high school days (and aided by Google):
cabran = dial
reseau = network
bleu, blanc, rouge, etc = colors
C'mon, folks - some of you are much better than I.

Bill

Matilo Telephones

Not sure what you mean there, Bill. Do you want more translated? And what exactly?

There is no picture of the whole underside. Only of the bracket for the MIL-receiver. And basically you already translated what was readable in the picture. Or am I missing something?
Groeten,

Arwin

wds

Nothing much to see on the bottom.
Dave

Matilo Telephones

Thanks Larry. So I think Bill has everythink translated now.  ;)
Groeten,

Arwin

Contempra

Quote from: Bill on February 13, 2014, 11:38:03 AM
Interesting phone. Much (all?) of the printing on the underside is French. From my high school days (and aided by Google):
cabran = dial
reseau = network
bleu, blanc, rouge, etc = colors
C'mon, folks - some of you are much better than I.

Bill

Yes I could translate in french  because its my native language but what will you do when a picture isn't clear ?.......Poplar is very good in french too

all the words in french in your description are good

Bill

Sorry I wasn't clear. I was simply hoping that someone who speaks French (I don't) could recognize more of what is printed on the phone, and perhaps lead to more info on the phone.

Bill

Contempra

Quote from: Bill on February 14, 2014, 11:55:08 AM
Sorry I wasn't clear. I was simply hoping that someone who speaks French (I don't) could recognize more of what is printed on the phone, and perhaps lead to more info on the phone.

Bill

No problem Bill here you go on the DIAL:

réclamations = Complaints

télégraphe = telegraph

police secours =  Police rescue

pompiers = Fire

dérangements = Disturbances

inter ( interrubain ) et régional voir annuaire = Inter (interrubain) and regional see Directory

for the rest of the phone like the Diagram, this is not clear enough...  the photo of the diagram is too vague ( blurry ).;)