News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Asian phone on iOffer - NEC?

Started by Greg G., November 19, 2012, 01:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I hardly ever check this site because they usually just have overpriced garbage.  This one is something I would be interested in, but still 10 times too much.  Is it an NEC?

http://www.ioffer.com/i/telephone-1936age-agone-515900036
( dead link 04-04-22 )
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

LarryInMichigan

It is the Japanese version of the "Antwerp" wall phone.  It may have been made by NEC or any of the other companies which made phones for the Japanese telco monopoly.  The price is way too much.

I almost won a Japanese phone yesterday: ebay link which went for cheap.

Larry

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on November 19, 2012, 07:32:38 AM
It is the Japanese version of the "Antwerp" wall phone.  It may have been made by NEC or any of the other companies which made phones for the Japanese telco monopoly.  The price is way too much.

I almost won a Japanese phone yesterday: ebay link which went for cheap.

Larry

"Way too much" is an understatement.  Here's an Antwerp phone you mentioned, they're nearly identical.  99 GBP=$157 US, getting closer to reality, but more than I'm willing to pay.  But I have to say I do like that design, exotic looking.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

rdelius

I think this is Chinese not Japanese.All the Japanese belgium copies had a different handset. The Chinese copied the Belgium handset.I think this wes a former ITT-Standard electric factory in Shanghi

Greg G.

Quote from: rdelius on November 19, 2012, 11:08:40 AM
I think this is Chinese not Japanese.All the Japanese belgium copies had a different handset. The Chinese copied the Belgium handset.I think this wes a former ITT-Standard electric factory in Shanghi

It's Chinese, I asked the seller where it was shipping from - China.  As much as I would like this phone, even if it was a reasonable price, shipping it on a slow boat from China would be expensive, and I don't trust that it would arrive intact.
- Mike Row
e

mienaichizu

I have several NECs but I havent come across with this particular model

Matilo Telephones

The one in the pic posted by Brinybay has a Belgian dial, but a Heemaf 1955 handset. That is not Original to this telephone. Also the braided cord seems off to me, and probably a later addition.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Greg G.

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on February 08, 2014, 02:57:59 AM

The one in the pic posted by Brinybay has a Belgian dial, but a Heemaf 1955 handset. That is not Original to this telephone. Also the braided cord seems off to me, and probably a later addition.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I googled it again and hopefully found the correct phone instead of the frankenphone.
- Mike Row
e

Matilo Telephones

Yes, see the handset is exactly the same as the asian one?

By the way, the characters on that dial seem japanese to me, not chinese.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

Greg G.

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on February 08, 2014, 09:27:23 AM
Yes, see the handset is exactly the same as the asian one?

By the way, the characters on that dial seem japanese to me, not chinese.

Could be, the seller said it ships from China, so I assumed it was Chinese.  Here's a scan of my NEC dial card for comparison, but I still can't tell.  Any Sino/Nihongo linguists out there?
- Mike Row
e