News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Free: Ended - College Football Fun & Free Phone “Contest”

Started by Slal, January 07, 2018, 08:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slal

Thought the following might be a fun way for me to thin out my collection of WE 500s, and 'spread the joy' if my favorite college football team (Alabama Crimson Tide) wins an upcoming national championship.

How it works:

If you'd like a free phone, simply reply here or PM before the game starts.  That's Monday the 8th!  (Kind of crept up on me this year.)

Contestants CRPF handles are entered into a "Dat" file.  After the game, a computer app randomly picks two 'winners' -- one for each team, Alabama and Georgia.

I will then PM the two selected.  That's it! 

FAQ:

I'd like to play, but I'm not in the states.  May I enter?

Absolutely!  Last year, I had a lucky 'winner' in England.  If outside USA though, please understand that: 1.)  UPS *must* be able to deliver to your country.  2.) I cannot 'fib' on customs form.  While phone is a gift, recipient responsible for VAT or any fees/duties, and so on.

Who pays postage?

I do.  If you had to pay postage, the phone isn't exactly 'free' is it?  ; )

Can I pick the color?

Yes, but probably a good idea to have a second choice.  I think everyone wanted med blue & rose beige last year, so I handled it as first come first serve.  (That's why it's easier for me to have members reply here, or PM.  No e-mail this time around.)

Colors in 'soft' plastic for WE-500s  (all dates match to year, but not exact month)

-3 Black
-51 Moss Green
-56 Pastel Yellow
-58 White
-60 Light Beige (dial needs cleaning - slow return)
-61 Light Gray
-62 Aqua Blue

Russ Kirk

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Pourme

A very generous offer. Plus it gives me a good reason to pull for The Crimson Tide!

56 Pastel Yellow please.

Thanks!

Go Alabama!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

dlvh

A very nice thing to do!

If you would, please count me in.

Thank you!

markosjal

Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Dan F

Sounds like a winner.

-61 (Grey) for me to match the 2503 I have

Slal

Thanks for replies and entries!

This is part of the fun for me.  : )

So far, eight contestants I think, so odds are pretty good. 

Brief word about confidentiality:

PMs are just that.  Private.  I will only post winners’ CRPF handles (and hopefully a bit of human interest) with written permission from a PM or a reply here.

Examples:

Public (human interest to readers)
“Sam, from the Great Lakes region, was selected as pick one.  He chose aqua to round out his collection.  Sam doesn’t follow college football, but is an avid hockey fan.  Congratulations Sam!”

Private (no explanation is necessary)
“CRPF member who prefers to remain anonymous was pick one.  Aqua was preferred color.  Congratulations!” 

====

Good luck and may the best team win with no one hurt.  “Roll Tide and Go Dawgs!”

--Bruce

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Slal

Guess that's it.  About half an hour before showtime.  : )

Free Phone Game Is Now Closed

May the best team win!

Will try to PM winners tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll be celebrating tonight.  : )

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Slal on January 08, 2018, 07:27:40 PM
Hopefully I'll be celebrating tonight.  : )

Well, if you aren't, you won't have to worry about going to the post office to buy 3 or 4 Medium Flat Rate boxes and a whole lotta bubble wrap tomorrow!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Slal

Whew!  I have no fingernails left from biting them, and a bald spot from pulling out my hair that has gone prematurely gray after watching a game like that! 

But first thing's first.

===

Congratulations to Georgia players for giving fans everywhere a night to remember.  "Measure of victory determined by the quality of your opponent" kind of thing. Georgia is top rate.  SEC & Rose Bowl Champions for a reason.  For us Bama fans, a tough game going into OT like that, makes #17 all the more special.  Good game!

===

Anyway, we have our two lucky winners and alternates.  (I selected alternates this time, in case there's a problem with the winner or winners.  UPS might not ship to thier country, don't hear from them in time, etc.)

Winners, please reply to PM within next 72 hours.  While I don't expect much of a delay in reply to getting a free phone, I realize people are busy. Please understand though, I have to set *some* kind of deadline-- not fair to everyone else.  If I don't hear from you in three days, first alternate on the list is contacted.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

Will post results soon as I hear from contestant who entered privately.

--Bruce

Slal

Heard back from everyone and here are results.

"Markosjal" (Mark) who was random pick 1 and chose aqua.

"Wayback Mike" was random pick 2 and chose white.

I'll try to get the phones out by the end of this week. 

Congrads & hope you enjoy them!

Pourme

Although I had already cleaned out a space on my shelf for my yellow 500.....

Congrats to Mark and Mike!

Thanks to Slal for such a generous event!

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Russ Kirk

Great contest Slal !

Congratulations Mark and Mike !

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

markosjal

WOW! I am so grateful. I will probably put the phone to use in my house somewhere.

Thanks a bunch,

Mark
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish