News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Removal of Faceplates on Newer 2500 Sets

Started by Dave F, October 27, 2010, 09:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave F

On the newer 2500s (and 2565s) the faceplate is no longer held on by a metal clip at the top, but rather by a plastic tab.  Has anybody come up with a way to remove those newer faceplates without the danger of breaking off the plastic tab?

Adam

Coincidentally, I had to remove one of these faceplates from a newer 2500 tonight.

I believe the correct way to do it is to slightly bow the entire faceplate to get it out and pop it back in.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

McHeath

I've not seen one of the phones you are asking about, can you post a picture?  One newer 2500 I have has screws under the phone number plate, which once removed the faceplate then pulls off.

AE_Collector

The equivilent AE set, the 80E used a little plastic catch that you push backwards just like the metal catch on the 2500 type phones. I have occasionally seen one of them broken but not very often.

Terry

Adam

Here is a pic of one of the newer style 2500 face plates.  It fits into the same shell as the older style, you just remove and don't use the little metal tab and its associated screw from the shell.
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820