News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

SOLD == FOR SALE: North Galion

Started by HarrySmith, September 14, 2018, 07:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Just finished a North Galion I picked up a while back with the intent of flipping it as it does not fit my collection. It was damaged by poor packing. I put it in the pile of C.R,A.P. and forgot about it. When looking for something else I came across an Edison Tele-Talk intercom I got a long time ago that was made from a Galion. The body looked good so I decided to use that housing. The name came right off with some steel wool and Brasso. The shell cleaned up nicely. I completely stripped the Galion down to the bare base plate and cleaned everything, then sanitized it all with alcohol wipes. I cleaned and lubed the dial, it works great. I polished the gongs and the ringer works perfectly. I fixed an issue in the handset and it works like a charm! I have attached some pictures and have more if you are interested. Only one flaw that I did not even see until the final polishing when some Novus 2 got stuck in it, a corner crack. It is hard to see but I have a picture. It displays great, you can't even see the crack unless you look for it. I put some glue inside to keep it from spreading. Make an offer before it goes to eBay this Sunday. Thanks.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

I need to move some phones. Make me an offer on this one.
Willing ot trade for WE stuff. It's got to go!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Zombie Dave

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,