News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gray paystation went for over $600 on Goodwill.

Started by Greg G., April 25, 2015, 02:05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Good deal or not?  No, I didn't buy it, too rich for my blood.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

WEBellSystemChristian

I was planning on bidding on it, in case it went for cheap, but it went dark far too rich for my blood!

That's a good deal, as far as Grays go. I've seen average-looking 160-series' go for several thousand dollars! Then again, this is missing the door and a lot of the internals, so it may have been overpriced.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

LarryInMichigan

In the good old days, I got a few deals on the goodwill site, but now, just about everything I see there goes for more than it is worth.

Larry

Greg G.

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on April 25, 2015, 11:45:58 PM
In the good old days, I got a few deals on the goodwill site, but now, just about everything I see there goes for more than it is worth.

Larry

It was like that when I first found it too, which wasn't all that long ago.  Word got out, obviously, so now it's like ebay, probably worse because there are no "sleepers" due to the fact that there are less than 100 phones at any one time, they can all be easily found with one search term, and most of them crap (unless you like Harley-Davidson phones).  None-the-less, I still check it often.
- Mike Row
e

Greg G.

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on April 25, 2015, 06:26:09 PM
I was planning on bidding on it, in case it went for cheap, but it went dark far too rich for my blood!

That's a good deal, as far as Grays go. I've seen average-looking 160-series' go for several thousand dollars! Then again, this is missing the door and a lot of the internals, so it may have been overpriced.

I made a few bids when it was under $200, but let it go because I wasn't quite sure about it since I don't know much about them, but would love to have one.

For future reference, what to the numbers on the inside (155 X) and back (161-A) signify?
- Mike Row
e

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Brinybay on April 26, 2015, 02:04:01 AM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on April 25, 2015, 06:26:09 PM

For future reference, what to the numbers on the inside (155 X) and back (161-A) signify?
Those are most likely the model numbers. Check out mvtelonline.com to see a bunch of different Pay Station models; these models are probably posted on that site.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford