"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Fixing holes in 702B housing help needed

Started by RotoTech99, February 20, 2016, 07:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

I need assistance and advice on a white 702B housing with two holes in it; one front and one back.

I guess they were added to put a feature there; but I would like to fill those in and use the housing as a standard 702B housing.

Does anyone please have some ideas on what I could plug/fill those with before I repaint it in white?

All advice and suggestions welcomed.

Thank you,
RotoTech99

rbouch

Do you have a spare shell you could take the material out-of? Any 1960s western electric shell?  I assume this isn't sift plastic?

At least then you would be using the same material and if you're going to paint it colour isn't much of an issue

RotoTech99

I am not sure what you mean by "sift" plastics, but I do have some extra Princess shells I could cut a piece from to make the plugs... I would like to use a hole punch of some kind to punch the piece out, then super glue or epoxy them in place.

I'm not too good at "rough forming" a piece to make for the hole.

RotoTech99

RotoTech99

Ok, I think I do, because I have some mismatched 701B housings that I believe would do nicely for that; I think they were for other than WE judging by the placement of the cord  openings.

Greg G.

Instead of repainting it, why not use the retro-bright process on it?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

RotoTech99

I'd consider it, but I think painting it would be easier.

WEBellSystemChristian

What you could do is fill the holes with white ABS plastic from another Princess shell (mixing the plastic with acetone) then sand and polish, followed by Peroxide whitening.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford