News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AT&T amplifier board wiring needed for 1D2

Started by rcourtney, July 13, 2015, 08:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcourtney

I found an AT&T 1989 handset amplifier 846002269 and chrome pushbutton, but no instruction for hookup.

Can anyone help?

andre_janew

Try posting some pictures.  The people on this forum may need pictures to figure it out, 

rcourtney

Here is a photo of the kit.

There is a metal bracket that goes in the upper housing.
Circuit board with 5 screw terminals and 5 wires on a harness.
Plastic dust cover.
Chromed metal pushbutton (not shown - mounted in orange instruction position)

ESalter

I have all the info on those.  I'll bring home one of the instruction sheets and scan it for you tonight.

---Eric

rcourtney

Thank you for responding.  I look forward to your reply.

ESalter

I'm so sorry I haven't gotten it yet.  I completely forgot about it.  I wrote myself a note to make sure I dig a kit out tomorrow.

ESalter

I couldn't find the document I was hoping for, but this one should have the info you need.  The table at the bottom shows how to wire the harness to a variety of different dial types.

---Eric

rcourtney

Thank you for your effort.

Unfortunately, I have a different model. 
Mine has spade and screw terminals.  The two wires going to the button are spade as well.

The wire colors to the header are black, white/blue, white,  orange/black, and green.

Perhaps someone knows of a different version.

I may have to reverse engineer the module.

ESalter

I didn't even look at the wire colors in the chart vs. your photo.  I just know that the harness wiring works on both the AT&T and APC boards.  I've personally interchanged them but have never paid any attention to the harness colors.  I'll take apart a phone and document wire locations/colors/terminal number on the connector.  With that info, you should be able to translate the wiring on the chart for what dial type you have.

---Eric

rcourtney

For my board here is paperwork FYI

Jim Stettler

The question was from 9/8/15.
and I see that I am not the only one that downloaded your file. Thanks for the info.
This is why responding to old posts is a good thing.
JMO,
JIm
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.