News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Grey ITT Kellogg 500

Started by HowardPgh, January 26, 2019, 11:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowardPgh

At the flea market I bought this ITT Kellogg 500 clone. It was a filthy mess when I got it, but it cleaned up well. All the components are date 4-61.  What drew me to unit was the color of course but also the subtle differences from a WE 500. The construction is nut and bolt rather than riveted. The contours of the handset is different from the WE G type. It was missing the finger wheel, so I put a soft center wheel on it, which I think is correct. The case doesn't feel like soft plastic. It had a refurb sticker on the bottom. Having nice matching color cords is a plus.
Howard

LarryInMichigan

That phone looks very nice.  It would be difficult to pass on it at a flea market.  With a date of 1961, it is unlikely to be soft plastic.  I have one dated 1958 which is soft plastic.  Kellogg probably transitioned to ABS at about the same time as Western Electric.

Larry

Scott

Nice score, that is a good looking telephone.

Scott K.

RotarDad

Nice find, Howard.  The light gray is a very nice color.  Thanks for the handset detail - I'd forgotten about that.  Later ITT versions have a handset that closely matches the WE G unit.  I really like this logo.  It causes uninformed sellers to sometimes list these phones as "Kitt".... ;). One of the sharpest logos I'm my opinion.
Paul

Nice phone, no shame in owning that piece of history.  :)

RB

That is a Handsome phone.
Nice addition to any collection.