News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I shouldent bought theese

Started by dsk, February 27, 2019, 04:13:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

I shouldent bought theese 8) but I could not resist, aspcesially the bakelite one was interesting. 4 phones NOK 200 or about $23.5  + $18.5 for shipping. They arrived not well packed, but unharmed.

The dial on the bakelite phone is shined up, and adjusted, but else everything are as I got it.
The bakelite phone is an modell 1932 (Elektrisk Bureau) with a special circuit made for Bergen telco.  The cords are probably from about 1960.

The cobra is the standard version used here with buzzer and carbon transmitter, the black combined wall/tabletop is the magneto version of the 1953 model, and the grey one is the 1953 model. Everything else than black is rare here.  All working, but the grey one need a cleanup and tuning of the dial.

dsk

dsk

Almost impossible to tell the exact dat of manufacture on these, but the transmitter capsule on the grey phone is dated 4-63, that is probably the original one.  The black magneto has a transmitter date 72, and are probably not original, at that time the cords should not be fabric, but plastic.  I have no clue about the Cobra, the bakelite is probably mid 1930'ies.  It is older than my other Bergen telco phone so I guess I will change cords and keep this one. The others will be for trade.

andy1702

Do you know where the Ericsson originates from. A lot didn't have ringers (actually a buzzer) but some did, depending on the original operator. There could also be a date inside it. It's definitely worth taking the base off for a look.
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.