News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bright House/Spectrum Landline

Started by dc4code, May 04, 2018, 03:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dc4code

I just got the Spectrum landline yesterday and everything is working just perfectly!

First off it can ring a lot of model 500s at once, Second... Pulse aka rotary dialing works!.. Third Dial-Up and Faxing works with literally no issues at ALL! literally....LITERALLY once you dial '0' on the phone......just guess... OPERATOR ASSISTANCE! As well as operator-assisted 411 and 611! This is great! You also have the ability to disable call waiting... disable three-way calling and to disable their voicemail service! I am very pleased! ohh.. and the audio quality is just out of this world!

In my house I have 2 modems, I have a modem I bought at Target for my internet and its connected to my router in the living room, Then in another room I used their old modem I had (the one I replaced with the target one) And I called tech-support and had them disable it as an internet modem and enable it as a eMTA-only modem. So I got that plugged into my coax port on the wall and I got the telephone cable connected to 'Tel1' on the modem and the other end goes to my phone jack on the wall. So all the phone jacks work with the new  Spectrum landline!

My modem I'm using for their landline service is the Arris TG1682G (provided for $5 a month by Spectrum only because this one is a router-modem combo. they will provide a FREE modem for you if you don't have one but it doesn't have wifi built-in which in my opinion is better.) but I would go with this modem because I don't know if the FREE modem has these abilities.