News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Here is my French Ivory Phone

Started by FABphones, February 18, 2018, 09:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

Thought I'd pop a photo on here of the French Ivory phone that I came across in France in one of their Depot Ventes (junk shops).

This was sitting on a top shelf mixed in with some dusty old electricals.

This is exactly as I found it, not polished up once home or any other clean up. Dated 1962 on the bottom and in as new condition. No cracks, no damage, dial turns nicely. The earpiece on the left side of the photo is the 'Mother-in-Laws' earpiece, this has it's own chrome holder attached to the rear of the main body of the phone.

It cost me a massive 5 euros (approximately 6 dollars?):
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

LarryInMichigan

That was a great find.  I paid considerably more for mine (forum link), but they are obviously far less common here in the USA than in France.  You don't have to worry about how to connect these to the BT line because they have no internal ringer.

Larry

FABphones

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on February 18, 2018, 09:59:04 AM
That was a great find.  I paid considerably more for mine (forum link), but they are obviously far less common here in the USA than in France.  You don't have to worry about how to connect these to the BT line because they have no internal ringer.

Larry

I've just looked at your link. Nice phone nice photos, and some info there I didn't know too, thanks.

I could kick myself though, I really could - a few days later I saw a black wall mounted Bakelite (maybe, I'll never know now) model in another Depot Vente. I picked it up but thought, noooo steady on, I've just added one to my collection (total phone count 9!).

It was 15 euros. I changed my mind and went back but it was gone. Arghhh!

AE_Collector

So is this one also a U43 as Larry indicated in his post? Is there a specific manufacturer?

Very nice looking phone!

Terry

david@london

FabPhones -

that's a really teriffic find. i think i need to head off to la belle france to search for one of these.
here's commissioner dreyfus taking a call on his, in 'a shot in the dark' (1964).........

AE_Collector

He isn't even a phone collector yet he has one in Ivory and one in black!

Terry

FABphones

Quote from: AE_Collector on February 18, 2018, 12:41:40 PM
He isn't even a phone collector yet he has one in Ivory and one in black!

Terry

;D  !!!  I want to play the whole clip!

Here is the info from underneath. It says Ericsson. 1962.

What I really like looking back at my photo above, is the depth of shine and reflection to the left side of the phone.  And it's not even polished up.

AL_as_needed

That is a very nice find at an amazing price! I think a nomination for find of the month is in order.
TWinbrook7

Ed Morris

Nice styling on that phone.  Great find.
Ed

david@london

Quote from: FabPhones on February 18, 2018, 01:15:05 PM
;D  !!!  I want to play the whole clip!

.....well, here's a link to the whole film. that clip is just after the credits, at 8 mins 50 seconds.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1vtzyt