News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Converting a SC 1202 to work with a subset help needed...

Started by RotoTech99, September 22, 2016, 12:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

Quote from: RotoTech99 on September 28, 2016, 12:17:46 PM
Dear Poplar1:

You show a connection going from C on the 581A tel. set base that looks like its supposed to connect to "E" in the SC1202 base, is that right? (I am guessing that is from my interconnect cable)

Yes.

Quote from: RotoTech99 on September 28, 2016, 12:17:46 PM
You also show the red line from L2 connected to "F" in the SC 1202 to "E" in the SC 1202... Do I need a strap to do that, or is that a "empty" handset connection?Can you please clarify these wiring questions, I am a little confused.

I apologize for the confusion, I am having a little difficulty following your diagram is why I am asking for clarification.

Thank you for your replies, I'm making progress, but still a bit confused.

Thank You,
RotoTech99

L2 on 581A connects to F on hookswitch. There is no strap between F and E. Rather, those are the hookswitch contact springs that close (indicated by an X) when the handset is off-hook.

The line (dial tone) connects to RR and L2 in the 581A.
L2 also connects to F on the hookswitch inside the 1202.
E on the hookswitch connects to C in the 581A.

Thus, when the phone is off-hook, there is continuity from L2 to C.
The other side of the line is permanently attached to RR.
The input to a WE network is C and RR.
The output of a WE network is GN (rec), B (transmitter) and R (common)

I also have the receiver opened up by the contacts A and B. There is no wire between A and B, but, just like E and F above, the X indicates that A closes to B when the hookswitch is operated (receiver off the hook). If you want, you can just connect the green handset wire directly to GN on the network, red handset wire to R on the network, and yellow handset wire to B on the network. I thought it would be easier to use the original terminals but as dsk said, so long as you interrupt the line (with either set of hookswitch contact springs) and connect the receiver to GN, xmtr to B, and common to R, it will work.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

poplar1

Quote from: RotoTech99 on September 28, 2016, 02:00:52 PM

I am attaching my photo of my 1202's terminals, and how they are designated, including a strap going from Term. "F" to Term. "G".

I didn't know there is a strap from F to G. That means we can't use G for the red handset wire and the wire going to R on the network, if the strap remains. Use H instead to connect the red handset lead to the wire going to R on the 581A.

dsk

I did use the diagram on page 12 here http://tinyurl.com/jfwnsyl as the base for my description.

dsk

RotoTech99

Dear DSK:

Thank you.

Can you tell me how I can connect the AE N-205 (AE HB1021) mini network in my SC 1202 if I decide to go that route with my SC1202, please?

I apologize if I seemed a little crude, that wasn't my intent when I emphasized my 1202 is a manual set...

The earlier replies were referring to me using the mini network with a rotary dial in the circuit, and also to a WE 202 when my set is specifically a manual SC 1202, which didn't apply to my set.

Can you please, and with my "Thank You's" in advance, find out and tell me how I could wire and use the AE N-205 mini network in my SC 1202?

BTW: Thank you, your earlier replies.

RotoTech99

poplar1

Line (green) to white wire of AE network
Line (red) to hookswitch F
hookswitch E to pink wire of AE network

Green handset wire connected to yellow network wire
Red handset wire connected to red network wire
Yellow handset wire connected to green network wire

Blue and black network wires are not used

RotoTech99

Dear Poplar!:

Thank you, I will try this wiring with the mini network. This answers my question. :)

Question: Do you think a small warbler like PHONECO sells would fit inside, too?

RotoTech99