News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My new Niece with her Fisher Price Rotary Phone- Gotta Start them young

Started by Hill Haven Telephone Company, January 25, 2020, 08:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill Haven Telephone Company

Thought id share a picture of my new niece from Alaska.   My brother has been down visiting,  showing off the new baby.

I had to give her her first Rotary Phone.   She loves it and cannot stop playing with it

Dan/Panther

That's not a good thing, She will grow up not having a clue how to use a cell phone. That will be socially devastating. :)

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Key2871

HA! I completely forgot about that Dan..
(I still think it's cool))
KEN

oldguy

Gary

Dan/Panther

Quote from: Key2871 on January 25, 2020, 01:20:39 PM
HA! I completely forgot about that Dan..
(I still think it's cool))

Just don't forget, that the very second she realizes she has fingers, you need to buy her a cell phone.

D/P

Owain

Key2871

No it's not the original one, but I had one in my collection of phones at one point..

And Dan you have quite a sense of humor. I thought my wife was in a hurry to get the kids on phones.. But by the age of four our youngest had a tablet, didn't really like that idea but she did, so that's what was important..
But out ten year old has a cell phone for about a year now.
At least he's appropriate with it.
KEN

19and41

As pretty as she is, she could be sociable with some kite twine and a pair of cans!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

Dan/Panther

I was at the DMV one day. A lady had her s0on with her and he was using her cell phone. I asked how old he was, she said 2. Incredible.
It appears humans are much more intelligent than we imagine.

D/P

19and41

This past Christmas, my great niece got a tablet for her 1 year old daughter.  I don't know whether to marvel at such a thing, or despair at such a thing to be used as a babysitter.
— Arthur C. Clarke

Key2871

Oh yea, my youngest was 2 when he started playing games on my wife's phone. Now he knows more about computers than I do. Just by using the computer! Yes hes messed up my pc at home but nothing that I or my wife haven't been able to change. But I'm amazed how adept he is with any computer.
KEN

Key2871

He's changed wall paper, and yes he's confused the computer by changing things he knows nothing about.
And I have told him don't ever do that again.
But he's figured out how to save picks off the net, and put things in here and there. He's been appropriate for the most part. But my wife has blocked something's so he can't search for something's he shouldn't, and not allowed him to change some settings, by turning off the options.
Like I had no idea it could be changed to act like a tablet, and a few other things. I wasn't aware of, but she knew.
But he knows if he messes up my computer than he can't play his games on it for a long time..
KEN

19and41

I'm sure being fluent with the gizzies will serve them well as they grow up.  As a bonus it can help to widen the inevitable generation gap.   ;D
— Arthur C. Clarke