News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Frustrating Telemarketers with a BOT named "Lenny"

Started by DavePEI, December 02, 2012, 02:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Yep, any number that doesn't end up at a "The number you have dialled has not been recognised" message is usually considered as an active number to be spammed...

Dialvintage

twocvbloke

Same here, but it's part & parcel of the technology and culture of the modern age... :-\

Still, there are ways to deal with the phone calls, just look up "angry BT customer" on youtube, I ain't posting a link to that cos of the rather volatile language.... :D

Dialvintage

Quote from: twocvbloke on December 20, 2012, 11:49:27 PM
Same here, but it's part & parcel of the technology and culture of the modern age... :-\

Still, there are ways to deal with the phone calls, just look up "angry BT customer" on youtube, I ain't posting a link to that cos of the rather volatile language.... :D

Blimey he was angry! Can't say they have got me that angry. Felt sorry for the call centre bloke. Not quite the same as a spammer.

twocvbloke

Well, as far as I see it, anyone who calls up out of the blue asking if I want to buy or upgrade to something is a spammer, be it BT or some displaced prime minister of Nigeria with $10 million to transfer out of their country... :D

Dialvintage

Quote from: twocvbloke on December 21, 2012, 12:04:20 AM
Well, as far as I see it, anyone who calls up out of the blue asking if I want to buy or upgrade to something is a spammer, be it BT or some displaced prime minister of Nigeria with $10 million to transfer out of their country... :D

LOL! There's been odd calls from India saying they are Microsoft and wanting to download new security- of course it is a virus...