News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is this?

Started by Greg G., July 21, 2009, 02:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

It looks like an AE 40-something, but the pics that I looked up all show chrome trim on the handset.  This one doesn't appear to have it, unless the photo is too dark to show it.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bingster

It's a 40.  This is the most common version with black bands on the handset and a black finger wheel. 
= DARRIN =

Greg G.

Seller is asking $50, too much?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Brinybay:

I think $50 is reasonable, but probbly approaching the higher end of reasonable.  The photo seems to show that it is in pretty good shape, but the photo is so very small it is really difficult to tell.  This was a bakelite phone from generally the same period as the WE 302.  Being bakelite,  I would be asking about chips or cracks in the housing.  Stay away from it if there are chips or cracks.

-Bill
-Bill G

Greg G.

It's in Kirkland, I was going to go out there and take a look at it.  Even in good shape with no chips or cracks, I would be reluctant to go $50.  Not even sure if it's the type that rotates my dial.  I may see if that other guy still has that 202.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Brinybay:

Hey, you changed your photo while I wasn't looking.

-Bill
-Bill G

HobieSport

I've never paid as much as $50 for a standard black AE 40, even on Ebay, including shipping. If it had a chrome dial and handset bands then I think it would be a good deal. I'd probably pay $35 tops, as they are very common on Ebay, and often sell for less than the WE 302s. Just my 02.
-Matt

Greg G.

Thanks for the feedback.  $30-35 was what I had in mind too, but as it is, decided to pass on it altogether since it was a fairly common model and the over-all style just doesn't do it for me, plus the seller was a little out of my way.
- Mike Row
e

HobieSport

For an AE 40, if you ever do want one, I'd personally try to get one with the chrome dial and handset bands. They really look great, and I would think $50 would be a decent deal.
-Matt